Windows 7 Doesn't boot into safemode..

soulshine

My laptop does not seem to boot into safe mode. I've been tapping F8, even though it says F8...system restore on the bottom left corner, it still won't boot. I tried this other method on advance recovery method and chose use system image created earlier - that and return to factory condition gave me an error saying "windows cannot restart the computer into the windows recovery environment." One method I haven't tried is using msconfig - in boot option. I'm worried about using this method..What if when I restart my laptop and it keeps loading to safe mode.
I just did an sfc scan, and ugh..I forgot what it said. It did found some corrupted files, and it repaired it. The reason why I want to use safe mode is to use this recovery disc - I notice that when I turn on my laptop, it takes quite a while to boot up. As a result, I also found that I have a problem with creating an system image. I want to use this repair disc, but I can't go into safe mode, so I can choose repair your computer.

Here's my laptop:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4300 @ 2.10GHz, 2100 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

Last edited:
Problem fixed now. I think sfc or chksdk must have repaired the errors. I also used the recovery disc and it found some problem. Booting is faster now.

You should not be having corrupted files. You may want to look into checking the drive or your memory, unless you have an idea why they may have been corrupted

Back