Windows 7 Double-keypress "bug" with Remote Wonder?

Mugsy

Extraordinary Member
I first discovered how to get my old ATI Remote Wonder (RF remote control) to work with 64bit Windows 7 back when I was still Beta testing Win7 in 2009. Works great, and I'm thrilled I didn't have to throw away something so useful.

It does have one minor problem though that I only just figured out yesterday:

Most keypresses (on the remote) produce TWO keystrokes. I've always had trouble getting movies to pause/play, or channel changes going too far. I confirmed this by opening Notepad and "typing" numbers from the remote's keypad, only to discover hitting "1" types "11", "2" gives me "22", etc and so on. Pause/Play actions are usually a simple toggle, so it it can take repeated tries to get "pause/play" to work. Frustrating.

I then discovered (after a little online research) that closing the RW tray app/icon "fixes" this problem, but then you can't use any of your plugins or customizations. Very annoying.

So apparently, Win7 seems to think there are TWO instances of Remote Wonder running when the program is loaded. How do I "fix" this so RW "ignores" the "background" process and uses just the Tray App (which supports Plugins)?

So apparently, Win7 seems to think there are TWO instances of Remote Wonder running when the program is loaded.
Just a brief follow-up. It appears this bug was specific to the Win7 Beta and fixed in the official release.

Back