Windows 7 Downloading In IE using Win 7

rocknout

Running a brand new alienware pc dual core 300mhz with 4 gigs of ram sli nivida 250 video cards.Just updated to Windows 7 home premium.
The problem is when I go to websites like cnet or even microsoft to download a file the download window will open and just sit there and not download at all.
I have tried changing the security settings in IE to pemit these sites to download and even turned off the windows firewall but it still doesnt download.
Does anyone else have this problem? I will call Alienware tomorrow and see what they say before I decide to return to vista which least works.

Running a brand new alienware pc dual core 300mhz
:)

Do you ever see a banner across the top of the window asking for permission to download? You might need to click to allow. You might also check if there are any icons on the bottom to explain any problems.

:)

Do you ever see a banner across the top of the window asking for permission to download? You might need to click to allow. You might also check if there are any icons on the bottom to explain any problems.

Yes I get the banner and click on it then the download window pops open showing me its trying to download but it doesnt .Also no icons on the bottom.It like theres something in the windows 7 64 bit stopping the download from happening thur the 32 bit and 64 bit explorers.

I think you said you have tried the 32 bit version of IE. Have you tried the no add-ons version in the System Tools folder?

I think you said you have tried the 32 bit version of IE. Have you tried the no add-ons version in the System Tools folder?

Just tried that and still the download window just sits there trying to download but doesnt .Looks like its back to vista soon.

Back
Top Bottom