Windows 7 Drive 0 Serious Problem

Inherit

Hi everyone!

Ive got some serious problems here. My disk 0, the only disk I have is totally screwed up and I don't know how to fix it. Basically it is inactive, offline and invalid at the same time. I tried diskpart in cmd but I got out of there without any results. The only helpful thing that I encountered there was the NOERR message saying that before making the disk online, I've got to make the disk writeable not just read-only.

This is a dynamic disk (apparently)
I dont own any installation dvds, My windows 7 home premium came with my laptop pre installed.
The only thing ive got is the windows 7 recovery tool on a cd

Can anyone provide a step by step guide please, Im new to this stuff

Thank you

If this happened all of a sudden, it would seem you, or someone else, must have changed something on your system. Know what it might have been?

Dynamic drives are normally used in RAID setups. Since you only have one drive, I will assume you are not using a RAID, but perhaps the controller has to be set to RAID or possibly AHCI. Can you check your bios to see how the controller is set?

Diskpart can change a volume to readable, check this Microsoft reference and look at the attributes option. Did you do a detail volume to see what is shown on a specific volume.

A warning, make sure you are looking at the drive or partition you want to look at before doing anything.....And I can only guide, not guarantee results.

Attachments

• Disk Detail.GIF
    Disk Detail.GIF
    10 KB · Views: 443
My BIOS doesn't show any of those options. Basically, I wanted to perform a dual boot on my laptop. It had 4 partitions, one with windows 7 (228gb), 2nd with empty space (237gb), 3rd with my manufacturers Recovery, 4th System Reserved. Soooo I was following every instruction to dual boot, before I did that I had a lot of research done. Finally I got my hands on Mac OS X installation and I've only formated the free space to make it compatible wit Mac OS using theirs Disk Utility. Eventually, I've tried too boot Mac OS and it failed. Then I decided to go back to Windows and get rid of Mac OS and claim the free space back. And this is where I've realised that all of partitions were gone except for Mac OS.

I've got a fresh Win7 Home Premium, now reinstalling my OS.

Overall, all the mess caused by Mac OS is nothing compared to how it helped. And I'm talking about the disk utility, none of the Win7 disks have let me access the command prompt, but using the disk utility I've managed to format my partitions as NTFS and then proceed with Win7 installation.

Although, I hope that my RECOVERY partition was hidden all this time...

I suppose you know, the MAC OS can only be installed on a MAC computer because of the special chip on the motherboard. Unless you have a cracked version...

The MAC OS probably overwrote the Windows 7 boot configuration....

Hope the new one works.

Thanks for your careness.

I must say that the installation was a success. Then I've done numerous updates using Windows but most of the drivers I had to get them myself. Apart from that, everything works fine but unfortunately I've lost all my data that I had before.

Word of advice for everyone who's willing to try hackintosh:
Back up on your external HDD. It is the most secure back up, as you can see, all of my back ups were screwed by hackintosh and of course myself.

Since 2009, installing OS X on a non-apple computer is illegal. Thus, this discussion is in direct violation to the Windows Forums TOS: Link Removed due to 404 Error

Since the legal state of hackintosh is much debated on the web and many are unaware of it being illigal, I will not ban Inherit, but give him an Infraction and warning. I am also closing this thread.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OSx86

Last edited:
Since 2009, installing OS X on a non-apple computer is illegal. Thus, this discussion is in direct violation to the Windows Forums TOS: Link Removed due to 404 Error

Since the legal state of hackintosh is much debated on the web and many are unaware of it being illigal, I will not ban Inherit, but give him an Infraction and warning. I am also closing this thread.

OSx86 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have reviewed this post to much dismay. I have reversed the warning and re-opened the discussion under condition that such illegal methods are not discussed. However, feel free to discuss the utmost ridiculousness of the fact that you can't install a commercial Apple operating system on certain hardware. Fault Microsoft for a lot of things, but they're working hard on making sure Windows works with the ARM architecture. Apple, in my opinion, has become synonymous with closed source. I would have liked to have uploaded an iPhone application for navigating these forums recently, but realized I needed Snow Leopard, tons of proprietary software, and it was a lost cause. In comparison, pushing an upload to the Google Marketplace takes about 30 seconds.

This is a great explanation as to why Apple computers are typically overpriced -- you just can't get this type of closed source exclusive operating system anywhere else. I am in disbelief that such a law exists. Can you run OS X on a virtual machine running within Windows without violating the law? I had to buy a plug-in for Windows Media Player to upload songs to my iPod (i.e. use the device correctly without being confined to iTunes).

Thank you for this information, zvit. I consider it to be quite worthy of additional discussion.

I have reviewed this post to much dismay. I have reversed the warning and re-opened the discussion under condition that such illegal methods are not discussed. However, feel free to discuss the utmost ridiculousness of the fact that you can't install a commercial Apple operating system on certain hardware. Fault Microsoft for a lot of things, but they're working hard on making sure Windows works with the ARM architecture. Apple, in my opinion, has become synonymous with closed source. I would have liked to have uploaded an iPhone application for navigating these forums recently, but realized I needed Snow Leopard, tons of proprietary software, and it was a lost cause. In comparison, pushing an upload to the Google Marketplace takes about 30 seconds.

This is a great explanation as to why Apple computers are typically overpriced -- you just can't get this type of closed source exclusive operating system anywhere else. I am in disbelief that such a law exists. Can you run OS X on a virtual machine running within Windows without violating the law? I had to buy a plug-in for Windows Media Player to upload songs to my iPod (i.e. use the device correctly without being confined to iTunes).

Thank you for this information, zvit. I consider it to be quite worthy of additional discussion.

I think there is a method to upload the iOS app that you're created. And I think that you need just iTunes on your machine, $100 to pay apple, or if you don't want to pay you can upload it to Cydia and download the app on your iPhone and test it.

Everything has their pros and cons. I'm more than sure that Microsoft are working their arses off to make their product better and more stable. Meanwhile Apple strategy is a bit of a treachery but it's very clever and overwhelming. They make it so that everyone must own a range of their products. All of their products are connected to each other in a way. Imagine if everyone would have a MacBook with the new Mac OS X, the connection between them is amazing. Apple products are one of the best products that I've seen when it comes to quality. But then comes the price. Their backup system is absolutely overwhelming which is iCloud.
Windows 7 - it's great! But it get's difficult for an average user without any IT knowledge to have something new on his system. I don't find Windows 7 as being the system that I'd choose for office. Say, in my office there are all Macs, my boss doesnt want to hire an administrator to run every computer remotely, extra money for the software. It's alot easier with Lion's wifi connectivity. Send the files to your boss or someone else around you, No extra wires, soft, help with using it.

But pros and cons are everywhere: Mac will never have what PC has and PC will never have what Mac has. And what causes this chaos is - money. Stupid, dirty, useless piece of paper.

Back