Windows 8 Drive partitions all read only after reinstall - problems solving :(

DeltaD

Hi guys
I just reinstalled my Win 7, 2 days ago, only to find that now all my other partitions are Read Only. NP I thought, just untick the box and reset them, but some partitions are proving rather stubborn to my efforts. I've used Taken Ownership to undertake the process, and then unticked the box, only to find that despite it appearing that the system is doing the job, that when I then check, I find the box is still ticked.

Aside from that problem, currently I'm having to do this manually with each folder on each partition so wondering if there's any other program or mechanism I could use to speed up the process?

Thanks.

Could you be more specific about which partitions you refer to? Everything but your OS partition, external drives, etc.?

Did you reinstall Windows 7 with the same User information?

Where are you seeing the Read Only indications.

Sorry - HUGE apologies - was just coming to try & delete this thread as I've now discovered (something I've not ever noticed or seen before) that the Read Only is apparently just highlighted & not set (why the heck that's even possible is beyond me!).

Anyway - I've run Take Ownership a few times on the folders in question & can now thankfully save to those locations.

Apologies again.
Maybe a Mod can delete this thread if felt appropriate. Thanks.

No problem, but it normally means that some folders/files within the item are write only. I went through the same thing you did, although I did the research before I tried changing permissions... :)

Back