Windows 7 Driver signature enforcement Win 7

xchiazyx

Hi All Expert,

Good day.

I have one user which is having unknown driver issue, with mouse and keyboard not being to control. The only way is through F8 disable driver signature enforcement. I have try bcdedit /set testsigning on, bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON, also tried on gpedit ->User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Driver Installation -> Code signing for drivers

Click on "Disabled", then on "OK".

I did a system restore before last week it works but somehow it came back again, also have disable windows update. All recent software have being uninstall and how can I check for unsign driver.

Appreciate if anyone have this experience can advise me on.

Thanks!

Open an elevated command prompt and type driverquery /si, look at the IsSigned column for False.

Since you are running Windows7, your user's computer is at least 7 years old. Hard Drives don't last more than 3 years in desktop PCs and only 2 years in laptops. If your user or you haven't replaced that hard drive since the computer was purchased, it's highly likely that the hard drive is failing. Faulty hard drives can often causing false certificate errors. They are really read sector errors, or flaws on the hard drive surface that keep your browser from properly reading to and writing from a spot on the hard drive. If the drive can't properly remap the error or you have too many of them, you get certificate errors. This can happen in just 1 specific browser such as IE11, or it can happen to all your user's browsers such as IE11, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc. etc.

I suggest you test your hardware as per this troubleshooting post here:
Windows 10 - Unclickable Task Bar. Take a look at POST #6 under my username of BIGBEARJEDI. It's rather long, about 6-8 pages so I suggest you print it out on hardcopy on a different working computer and use to test your user's hardware. Replace any components that are found faulty, and reinstall Windows if necessary and retest your browser. In most cases, your certificate problems will be solved! :up:

Best of luck,:encouragement:
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Hi All,

Thank you for reverting back.

I use sigverif and check and found out that that's 5 files have not been digitally signed. It surprised me that 5 of them are system files. I don't know should I remove it, if anyone had this knowledge kindly advise me.

Below are the 5 files.

peauth.sys
usbd.sys
usbehci.sys
usbhub.sys
usbport.sys

Thanks!

usbhub and usbd are the usb root hub drivers, usbehci and usbport are used to communicate over the pci bus and peauth I'm not sure. All the usb***.sys drivers should be from Microsoft and should all be signed. I would try copying those drivers from another system, uninstall and copy then new drivers into C:\Windows\System32\drivers then select scan for hardware changes. Hopefully it should load the signed drivers.

Hope neemo's solution works for you!:) If the problem persists you'll need to test your hardware as I mention in my POST #3 above and then apply listed windows repair tools. Remember, no software on the planet can fix BROKEN HARDWARE!!!

Good luck!:encouragement:
<<<BBJ>>>

Hi,

Thank you for reverting back.

Copying those drivers from another system, other system must be same model, os and spec?

Thanks!

Same OS version, and type is all. Such as if you are running W7 Home, you'll need to copy those files from another computer running W7 home. Also, if your system is W7 32bit, then the system you are going to copy files from should also have W7 32bit OS as well. Same for W7 64bit, the other system should be W7 64bit also. It's not necessary to have identical hardware such as CPU chip and Motherboard.

BBJ

They are pretty generic drivers, I would just make sure they are the same version number under the device property page > Driver tab > Driver Details. I wouldn't be surprised if the drivers on Windows 7 would work on Windows 10.

Back
Top Bottom