Windows 7 drivers for a GA-8I915G Duo gigabyte motherboard (audio and raid controller driver)

cgkevrek

Hi all

I have installed recently Windows 7 Ultimate and I am experiencing problems finding audio drivers for my motherboard. I have a gigabyte GA-8I915G Duo motherboard which has an on board sound card 7.1. channels. I can't find either drivers for the onboard raid controller.

You can find in the following url the official motherboard support website where you can see that gigabyte has no drivers for windows 7.

GA-8I915G Duo (rev. 1.x) - GIGABYTE

any suggestions? i ve done a detailed search on the internet but there was no luck to find anything.

How old is your computer? It seems that not much is for vista aswell. I looked everywhere, can only get XP and very limited Vista stuff but no 7 Drivers, Maybe up for a new motherboard ha?

XP driver will work for audio. If you need anything else, let me know. With a little info from you, I can check databases for the latest.

For RAID - Right click in device manager. Properties. Details tab. Change dropdown to say hardware ids. Copy/paste results here.

Do the same for audio if you need further help with that, too.

i ve set up my computer in late 2004 or early 2005. Of course its quite old but it is fine for what am i doing.
it works fine with windows 7 as well. probably even better than xp. it has a P4 3.2 GHz HT processor and 2 GB RAM.

my only problem is as I told you before that i cannot find any drivers for the motherboard and i don't know why gigabyte is not creating any as more and more computers will run windows 7 in the near future.

a new motherboard needs a new processor and new dimms. so in other words to set up a new computer from scratch. this is not a very good idea nowadays to spend money on these especially with the economic situation here in Greece...

XP driver will work for audio. If you need anything else, let me know. With a little info from you, I can check databases for the latest.

For RAID - Right click in device manager. Properties. Details tab. Change dropdown to say hardware ids. Copy/paste results here.

i ve tried to use xp drivers for audio but with no success... i was trying to run the cd that came up with the motherboard when i bought it but it won't run on windows 7. is there any other way for me to check if audio drivers for xp will do for windows 7?

I ll try to paste the results for you as soon as i return home...

an easy solution would be to return back to xp but i don't really want to do that that's why i am trying to find solutions with win 7...

thank you

is there any other way for me to check if audio drivers for xp will do for windows 7?

You may want to contact Gigabyte Telephone Support, which is very good compared to other manufacturers, to see if they have alternate drivers. I would be surprised if Windows Compatibility Drivers do not exist somewhere for these devices. You may want to find out if alternate drivers will work, even if the original manufacturer is no longer supporting them. This is the trouble with integrated peripherals built on the motherboard. It is much more pronounced with on-board video, since the switch from XP, however. For instance, Gigabyte now is almost exclusively using Realtek for audio. As for RAID, you may want to look at Intel Rapid Storage Technology - RST - at Intel Support). It may work as a replacement for VIA, which was somewhat notorious at the time for having poor driver support. For the C-Media Internal Audio I am not sure and have not seen this before.

(I had previously recommended trying Device Doctor but it is recommending drivers from 2005 for my hardware. This freeware utility is not so great. It is advisable not to waste time with this software)

For the RAID controller here is the output...

PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3164&SUBSYS_31641106&REV_06 PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3164&SUBSYS_31641106
PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3164&CC_010400
PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3164&CC_0104

For the audio
(it says This device cannot start. (Code 10))
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_434D&DEV_4980&SUBSYS_00010083&REV_0900
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_434D&DEV_4980&SUBSYS_00010083

i hope this will bring us to a solution
if you need further information please hit me!

For the RAID controller here is the output...

PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3164&SUBSYS_31641106&REV_06 PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3164&SUBSYS_31641106
PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3164&CC_010400
PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3164&CC_0104

For the audio
(it says This device cannot start. (Code 10))
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_434D&DEV_4980&SUBSYS_00010083&REV_0900
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_434D&DEV_4980&SUBSYS_00010083

i hope this will bring us to a solution
if you need further information please hit me!

The C-Media driver you have is the latest available, unfortunately. I do believe though, that users have gotten this particular one to work, but not sure.
Use I.E. only for the link and download the 12/1/2005 version from here:

Microsoft Update Catalog

Install using the device manager. Right click the C-Media one. Update driver software. Browse my computer. Let me pick. Have disk. Browse. Now find and double click on the extracted .inf from the download (after extraction, of course). Hit ok, hit next and it will install.

If that doesn't work well, then really not much else you can do.

------------

Assuming this is 32 bit Windows here, this is the RAID driver from VIA for you:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

You can install using the device manager and the same technique as above.

----------

Good luck and enjoy. :)

Hi all again...

I managed to install drivers for audio and it seems to work ok...

I still couldn't manage to install the right drivers for raid controller...

Another problem I am facing right now is HOW to install my bluetooth keyborad and mouse...Windows 7 seem to install microsoft drivers for the usd bluetooth controller but there is no way to add my bluettoth devices through control panel...

Any ideas???

Hi,
I checked the gigabyte website and it seems there are some RAID drivers but only for xp. These have been known to sometimes work under win 7 so it might be worth trying them.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Note: Make sure you use the correct board revision.

I don't recommend XP or Vista drivers on windows 7 were those drivers made for windows 7? NO so don't use them. Do you want problems and BSOD's? NO. So don't use the older drivers for windows 7.

"a new motherboard needs a new processor and new dimms. so in other words to set up a new computer from scratch. this is not a very good idea nowadays to spend money on these especially with the economic situation here in Greece..."

Why does Greece have an economic situation there? did they spend too much, here in Australia we toss things out when they break and buy new things exspecially computers, costs too much to fix or repair them. it's cheaper to buy new things and much easier to buy the parts and build our own computers to the specs.

I don't recommend XP or Vista drivers on windows 7 were those drivers made for windows 7? NO so don't use them. Do you want problems and BSOD's? NO. So don't use the older drivers for windows 7.

If I recommend something, it's not going to cause bsods. As I've stated and has been reported by the OP that it works, the C-Media driver is the latest, usable and well.

"a new motherboard needs a new processor and new dimms. so in other words to set up a new computer from scratch. this is not a very good idea nowadays to spend money on these especially with the economic situation here in Greece..."

Why does Greece have an economic situation there? did they spend too much, here in Australia we toss things out when they break and buy new things exspecially computers, costs too much to fix or repair them. it's cheaper to buy new things and much easier to buy the parts and build our own computers to the specs.

This is your opinion and of course you are entitled to it..

I’m having the same problem with a Gigabyte GA8I915G-MF motherboard. I ran Windows 7 upgrade utility and it said everything would be fine, now I have installed 7, I have no sound. I've tried the Cmedia option as above but it doesn't work.
Any help greatly appreciated. I have no install disks to rollback to Xp so I'm currently stuck :-(

You could try downloading the xp audio driver and then try running it under compatibility mode. A few users have had successes running older drivers in this way.

Back