Windows 7 Drivers might not work on resume from sleep in Win7 RC

moh.sakhaii

Strangely enough this problem come with RC build and not with previous beta builds. :mad: Every time my computer goes to sleep some of my drivers might not work on resume. This could be any driver like sound , graphics, DVB , TV or modem , etc. I hope that we have a fix in windows update for this issue soon 'cause it's making the whole experience terrible.
I know many people have this issue so I suggest everyone with this problem to comment in this thread to show how many of us are affected.;)
Thanks everyone.

Hello,

Have you checked all setting under Control panel > Power Options.

You can also run this command-Line utility.

Go to Start > Run, type cmd, the type powercfg -energy

This will output an HTML file to detect power problems.

Hello,

Have you checked all setting under Control panel > Power Options.

You can also run this command-Line utility.

Go to Start > Run, type cmd, the type powercfg -energy

This will output an HTML file to detect power problems.

Well,thanks for your reply.I will try that :D

Last edited:
Well, I tried this command " powercfg -energy" and it gave me this error :
"USB Suspend:USB Device not Entering Suspend
The USB device did not enter the Suspend state. Processor power management may be prevented if a USB device does not enter the Suspend state when not in use.
Device NameUSB Input DeviceHost Controller IDPCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0454Host Controller LocationPCI bus 0, device 2, function 0Device IDUSB\VID_041E&PID_1051Port Path4
"
That is my mouse which actually is a decent one.
Mouse model : Creative Fatal1ty
This is my beloved laser mouse :d
I don't know if this is causing all the headache but certainly I can test.
Edit :
After I disconnected the mouse I got zero errors in analysis but on resume the problems got worse and I even had memory corruption and I/O errors :(
I don't know what else should I do :((

Last edited:
I get the same message for my USB devices also.

Try unplugging anything thats attached to the computer.....all USB devices, except your mouse of course.

Did this occur immediately after Windows 7 was installed?

Do you recall if it happened after installing new software or drivers?

Try cleaning out the temp files from:
C:\users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Temp
C:\windows\Temp

Try restarting and see what happens.

OK, the same problems persists and i told you if I remove my mouse I got zero errors in powercfg analysis but still no go with it or without it.

OK, this time it gave me a blue screen with something about KERNEL_DATA_? .
The last time though it gave me something like some applications crashed and could not read *** instruction at *** or something like that and I/O error of some sort.
This is the windows recovered message for blue screen
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7100.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 7a
BCP1: C050CAB0
BCP2: C000000E
BCP3: B671D8C0
BCP4: A1956688
OS Version: 6_1_7100
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\052309-18314-01.dmp
C:\Users\mohammad\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-32292-0.sysdata.xml
Sorry the xml was deleted before before I copy :D

For the Blue screen error, go to Start > Run, and type eventvwr.exe

Then expand Windows Logs and select System. Then look for Warnings or Errors and click the Details tab.

Post back with that information along with the Event #

So your computer will not automatically reboot, go to Control panel > System, click the Advanced system settings, then click the settings button under Startup and Recovery and uncheck Automatically restart.

Ok, I suppose this is it :
"The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007a (0xc050cab0, 0xc000000e, 0xb671d8c0, 0xa1956688). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 052309-18314-01."
Nearly every time after resume it freezes but if I restart the system the system will resume from the stored state and run flawlessly.
Therefore I think simply the drivers aren't initilizing correctly after resume from sleep but after restart this issue isn't there even though system is loading the hibernated memory.

Last edited:
I believe that is from the box that appears when Windows restarts, is that correct?

Report Id: 052309-18314-01 is not relevant....052309 is simply the date it occurred

What I'm looking for is the Event ID as shown in red in the attached thumbnail

Back
Top Bottom