Windows 8 Drop in FPS

AlaaEmad

Hey there,,
My average fps in windows 7 was 140-180 but in windows 8 from 40-80 :(
where maybe the problem ?
I am talking about FPS games(Crossfire)
thx

Hi,

can you post more information on what system (CPU, GPU, motherboard, Ram ect) your running, Bios plus driver versions and if you upgraded or did a clean install?

Hi,

can you post more information on what system (CPU, GPU, motherboard, Ram ect) your running, Bios plus driver versions and if you upgraded or did a clean install?
Well sir,
I am using :
Windows 8 pro x64
Motherboard : Gigabyte H61M-d2-B3
Processor : Intel core i3
RAM : 4GB ddr (2*2)
VGA : 2 GB

and sorry What's BIOS ? I don't think I have downloaded it :S

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

thank you for the information although it would help me further if you could post the make of your graphics card.

As Windows 8 is a new operating system it is extremely important to be running with the latest drivers and bios. This utility will enable you to flash the bios:
@BIOS

You must follow the instructions to the letter and if your unsure of anything then post back and I'll guide you through it. Gigabyte boards are blessed with a back up bios or dual bios so flashing isn't as risky as with other boards. Get it wrong and the back up bios will kick in.

Your motherboards website is here:
GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-H61M-D2-B3 (rev. 1.1)

Make sure that you have the correct board version, either 1.1 or 1.0. You can find out which one you have by actually looking at your motherboard inside the case. It's usually printed on the board around the edge.

You can also use the drivers listed under windows 8. They might not actually be the latest but better than nothing.

Hi,

thank you for the information although it would help me further if you could post the make of your graphics card.

As Windows 8 is a new operating system it is extremely important to be running with the latest drivers and bios. This utility will enable you to flash the bios:
@BIOS

You must follow the instructions to the letter and if your unsure of anything then post back and I'll guide you through it. Gigabyte boards are blessed with a back up bios or dual bios so flashing isn't as risky as with other boards. Get it wrong and the back up bios will kick in.

Your motherboards website is here:

Make sure that you have the correct board version, either 1.1 or 1.0. You can find out which one you have by actually looking at your motherboard inside the case. It's usually printed on the board around the edge.

You can also use the drivers listed under windows 8. They might not actually be the latest but better than nothing.
sorry for late answer I wasn't in home :)
my vga is the pint in one which comes with the motherboard, I found that my board is 1.0 but I installed the 1.1 ? :S
is that wrong for my drivers ?
and when I tried to install the BIOS I got this msg
2zxrz8g.png

thx.
yours,AlaaEmad

Copy the mb-bios file to a fat32 formatted usb stick and when booting the pc press end repeatedly until the boards ez flash pops up and then flash the file from there.

Either follow Richards advice above or download the app found here: @BIOS
Install it and then run it. It's probably the easiest way of doing things. Tell me, do you have your motherboard manual? If not I suggest you download it at the above gigabyte site:

Give it a good read as it's invaluable for helping you with bios settings ect..

Just worth checking for as well incase this was a clean install of Windows 8, Make sure power settings are set to performance. Its set to powersaver by default in Windows 8

Back