Windows 7 Dual Display Wallpaper

maddmaxx

I know this is nit picking but I have dual monitors set at 1280x1024 and using Nvidia Forceware in XP Media Center I have the ability to use my resized desktop image of 2560x1024 and go to properties on the desktop and choose tile and my wallpaper spans the monitors. I have not been able to do this in 7. Any tips or hints? Or is this slack on NVidias part for not providing Forceware for 7? I have only been playing with 7 for two days and I must say that I am impressed by a number of things so far. :)

Update:

Okay the solution has arrived via driver updates from N'Vidia. I booted into 7 and was notified via updates that new drivers were available and downloaded same and "BAM" my wallpaper now spans both monitors. I am very impressed that the OS let me know that these drivers were available for download. Also as a plus was the fact that my printer worked without the install disc from HP. Sweet.:)

My Setup:

Clean 32bit 7 installation
ATI Radeon HD 3650 512MB
LG Flatron M2294D 22"Widescreen HDtv main display
Acer X203w 20" Widescreen secondary display (to the left of main display)

PC has been running fine for about a week now, no major problems.
Got all the latest updates and the latest ATI W7 BETA Drivers etc. All's good.

Why is it my Dualscreen wallpaper is split in half?
The way it is now, the left half of the wallpaper is on my main screen (Which is on the right hand side of my desk) and the right side of the wallpaper is on my secondary screen (Which is on the lefthandside of my desk)

There are ways to get round this problem:

Just change the display configuration and have the secondary display on my right
Change the main display to the 20", keep the taskbar on the 22" (But then all windows and games open on the 20")

Neither of which are a real solution to the problem.
I had the same problem in XP, but it kind of... went away, and I don't know how or why. Anyone know what to do in 7? =/

I can make screens to illustrate my problem. :p

I tried everything that I could think of and nothing worked. In Xp I used the Froceware software from N'Vidia and was able to span across both monitors after I resized the wallpaper to double the width of a single monitor i.e. 1280x1024 to 2560x1024 and under properties chose the tile option. In 7 I tried that but nothing worked. The next day 7 alerted me that drivers were available for my specific video card and once downloaded and insatlled all I did was choose a resized wallpaper and "BAM" it spanned the desktop without having to go into "Personalize" and choose tile. Hopefully this is the issue with yours and drivers will be forthcoming. I tried the Forceware available but it was 32 bit and I'm using the 64 bit version of 7. Good luck.

The problem is, I have all the right drivers from ATI, and I know it can be done, I just have no idea WHY it's being stupid. :p

I'm having the same problem...

Using ati 4870 card... The most annoying thing is that I can't get videos to fullscreen across both desktops - although I can stretch the window across both to get a larger view... just not the full screen.

Looks to be a driver issue since in the catalyst program there is no option to manage this feature. You can manage it via windows - with the option to extend the display or clone it onto the other monitor - except the extended option doesn't allow you to maximise applications across both desktops.

At least - I haven't found an option that lets you change this. If anyone knows I'll be greatful. I might submit a report about. If it is there it should at least be easier to find.

I have a Lenovo T500 laptop
Dual graphics Ati 3650, Mobil intel express 45
4 gigs of DDR3
Intel core duo T9600 @ 2.80 GH

I "upgarded" to win 7 everything showed up after upgrade, the problem im having is that it wont let me switch between my ATI and Intel it see thems but only stays on mobil pc display. I cant use my ATi as my main display. should I uninstall the WDDM 1.1 drivers?
thx

Back