Windows 7 Dual Monitor confusion.

Rowenna

Hi, hoping I'm posting this in the right forum, if not please re-direct me.

I've installed a second graphics card on my PC and am running windows 7 but cannot get both monitors to work together. The computer will only use the new graphics card and will not let the monitor plugged into it's on-board port work. When going through the display settings, I do all the right things by having 1 and 2 there and extending the screens. The computer acts as if it's completed but the 2nd monitor plugged into the on-board VGA still doesn't switch on. If I drag boxes to the right (blank monitor) they do disappear as if the desktop is extended but of course I can't see them because the monitor isn't switching on. It's like the PC is bypassing it's own graphics card.

Both monitors work and without the new graphics card in the computer happily uses it's on board slot.
What do I do? Do I need to do something to re-enable the onboard graphics, I'm really stuck with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi Rowenna,
once you have installed a card then the onboard port becomes defunct and you should plug directly into the new card. Which card are you using?

Back