Windows 7 Dual monitor set up, icons will now show on right side

radioactive21

Windows 7 build 7057

I have a dual monitor set up. My main is a 24 inch monitor, and to my left is a 19 inch monitor. The 24 inch monitor is my main, but on the right side of the desktop icons will not show. This only applies to icons. If i move icons to the right side of my desktop, on the main monitor, the icons will not show, it's there, but just invisible.

I tried adjusting displays, messing with setttings, nothing. I have the 181.71_geforce_win7_32bit_international_beta drivers installed.

I did not have this problem with windows 7 build 7000

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Dual monitor set-up

I'm having the same problem, icons don't show up on the other monitor. They're still there, if you click in the right place you can still open the folder or run the application, but the icon will not show up at all, very strange.

another thing

another thing i just noticed, on the monitor on which the icons do show up, i can click and drag resulting the blue box to indicate the area that you are selecting, but when i do the same thing on the other monitor it doesn't show up. If we look at this as layers of things, wallpaper, icons, etc., then it seems that the wallpaper is on a higher layer than it should be, probably not something that we can easily fix

another thing i just noticed, on the monitor on which the icons do show up, i can click and drag resulting the blue box to indicate the area that you are selecting, but when i do the same thing on the other monitor it doesn't show up. If we look at this as layers of things, wallpaper, icons, etc., then it seems that the wallpaper is on a higher layer than it should be, probably not something that we can easily fix

Yea reading around it seems that it is a bug, yet nobody can say what triggers it since this does not happen to everyone. What i've read, it is about how the resolution is set on the dual monitors, it pushes all icons to the very top left as it sees both monitors as one huge desktop instead of two.

for now i am hoping a new build comes out soon and does not have the bug.

Back
Top Bottom