Windows 7 Dual Monitors: Second monitor keeps changing resolution and location

Galenwolf

Hi,

I have encountered a problem that I can't seem to find any resolution for.

I have attached a second monitor to my HD4870 which was initially set up to display on the right at 1280x1024 and it worked fine for the first few days however then it started to display a rather annoying bug.

Upon boot up or restart the second monitor will always change location and resolution to being on the left side at 1024x768 and for the life of me I cannot hunt down what's causing the settings to be changed to this.

Here is a quick list of some of the things I have tried:

1) Setting the monitor back to its correct settings using windows built in screen resolution window. - didn't work
2) Setting the monitor back to its correct settings via the Catalyst control panel. - didn't work
3) Updated to the latest Catalyst drivers. - didn't work
4) Completely removed Catalyst from my computer and used windows to detect and install its own driver. - didn't work
5) I have also removed display fusion in case that was also causing issue. - didn't work

As of right now I am running with no Catalyst installed, windows default drivers and nothing that handles desktop management installed. Upon multiple tries the 2nd display still moves to the left and changes resolution.

Do you guys know of anything that might cause this, or any program that would let me track what could possibly altering the windows settings on boot up.

Thanks in advance.

Back