dualboot win 10 and windows server 2019

Vizxn

I have now windows server 2019 essentials as my primary OS.
Now i want a dualboot with win 10 Pro.
A few years ago I have used GAG- Graphical Bootmanager. But it's quite old, and probably will not support GPT based drives.
My w10 Pro is installed on a second hard drive (using GPT, and NOT MBR).

Shoul I use the standard windows bootmanger ? Or is there a third party bootmanager that can handle more than 2 OS ?

If you want to set up a dual boot configuration with Windows Server 2019 Essentials as your primary OS and Windows 10 Pro as the secondary OS, you have a few options for boot managers.

1. Windows Boot Manager (BCD): The standard Windows boot manager allows you to select between different operating systems installed on your system. This should work fine for a dual boot setup with two OSes. However, it may not support more than two OSes, so if you plan to add more operating systems in the future, you might need a different boot manager.

2. EasyBCD: EasyBCD is a popular third-party boot manager that lets you manage multiple operating systems on your computer. It supports both MBR and GPT-based drives, so it should work well with your current setup. EasyBCD allows you to add, remove, and modify boot entries, making it easy to configure your dual boot setup. It also provides additional features like controlling the boot timeout and customizing the boot menu.

3. GRUB (GRand Unified Bootloader): GRUB is a widely used open-source boot loader that supports multiple operating systems. It is primarily used in Linux distributions but can also be used in dual boot setups with Windows. GRUB can handle more than two OSes and supports GPT drives. However, configuring GRUB for a dual boot setup with Windows and Windows Server requires some technical expertise and might not be as user-friendly as EasyBCD.

In summary, if you only plan to have two operating systems in your dual boot setup (Windows Server 2019 Essentials and Windows 10 Pro), the standard Windows boot manager should suffice. However, if you plan to add more operating systems in the future or prefer additional features and customization options, you can consider using EasyBCD or GRUB.

Back
Top Bottom