Windows Vista DVD drive not reading Dvds

ObsidianShocker

i am trying to install DVD type Video games and it is not working i have tried to install the firmware for my DVD drive with no success. i have tried to uninstall and reinstall in the windows device manager.

i am using a pioneer ATA DvD RW 110D

Any error message? Does the game install start? Can you get a list of the files with Windows Explorer? Can it read other disks?

Good suggestions.

Did you try any other downloads here:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

And read all the instructions carefully?

yes i have tried downloading the firmware, the game disk shows up on the drive with the missing icon and if i right click the missing icon it freezes my comp everytime. also the autorun setups do not pop up.

i have tried editing the regedit with no luck says i do not have permission even when i run it in admin mode. i cannot find the files upper and lower in the registry people suggest.

yes i have tried downloading the firmware, the game disk shows up on the drive with the missing icon and if i right click the missing icon it freezes my comp everytime. also the autorun setups do not pop up.

i have tried editing the regedit with no luck says i do not have permission even when i run it in admin mode. i cannot find the files upper and lower in the registry people suggest.

A few indications that you need to do a clean install.

Disks not reading

even music CD's are freezing on me when i try to interact with the disk drive, although it is showing the disk icon this time.

i have made a shortcut to the DVD drive and it seems i can send the disk to the media player
it plays the cd with no sound, (i dont have the sound cable set up properly.)
this is no surprize to me. the drive never played sound.
i dont know how to hook that up properly.

now for the DVDs ill try the shortcut.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom