Windows 7 DVD_RAM not recognized

U

Unregistered

I am running vista home on a toshiba laptop and I installed a game and now when I go to my computer I no longer have a DVD Drive. When I go to the device manager I see my dvd-rom and the drivers. I have checked for updates and they are all current. Some one has said that the game has altered some thing in my system registry. Can any one help me?

Hi! Preventing low memory problems is a really good article I think you should read..... Windows Vista Help: Preventing low memory problems Do you get an error code 39 in your device manager? Did this laptop come with Vista already installed? I was thinking it may be an upper and lower limits problem. I would need to know more...........

The first half of your answer doesn't seem to have any relevance to the problem the person has described. Why would Windows drop a drive due to low memory?

I am running vista home on a toshiba laptop and I installed a game and now when I go to my computer I no longer have a DVD Drive. When I go to the device manager I see my dvd-rom and the drivers. I have checked for updates and they are all current. Some one has said that the game has altered some thing in my system registry. Can any one help me?

Just out of interest, what was the game?
This is a totally 'out there' hunch but I wonder if it's a 'secure rom ' issue...
Anyhow it's weird one, please let me know which game it was...

Edit:
I did a search via google. This page may be of some interest (make sure you scroll down):
http://www.vistareadygames.com/showthread.php?t=71453

Hi! I don't know, just the way he worded the title "DVD_RAM not recognized". I kind a got the impression that he felt it might be RAM related . I said, I thought it is a lower and upper limits problem, not RAM. There is something I found on the topic: Link Removed - Invalid URL However, RAM will be a problem with certain games.

Back