Windows 10 DX12 game results.

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
The first game to use DX12 is Ashes of the Singularity an RTS based game. Testing shows that DX12 does improve performance although it varies depending on choice of card:

As evident in the charts below, gamers with AMD graphics cards in particular are in for a massive performance improvement. Less so on NVIDIA cards as they performed better on DX11 to begin with, resulting in much smaller gains with DX12.

dx tables.JPG

Dx12 runs far better on the AMD cards than Dx11 does so they will see the most benefit in this instance. Other games (depending who's backing them) may show different results. Read the article here.

May have to dig that Radeon chip out of the desk soon... thanks for the heads up, Kemical!

The first game to use DX12 is Ashes of the Singularity an RTS based game. Testing shows that DX12 does improve performance although it varies depending on choice of card:

View attachment 30643

Dx12 runs far better on the AMD cards than Dx11 does so they will see the most benefit in this instance. Other games (depending who's backing them) may show different results. Read the article here.

Ugh. Guess I'll have to wait a bit to see a dx12 title I'd actually play. Tried strategy games more than once, and they're just not my thing.

Ugh. Guess I'll have to wait a bit to see a dx12 title I'd actually play. Tried strategy games more than once, and they're just not my thing.

EDIT: It sure looks like it will be graphics-intensive. 42-48fps with an 6700k/980 @ 1600p; I might get 60fps with my 6700k/980ti @ 1440p.

EDIT: It sure looks like it will be graphics-intensive. 42-48fps with an 6700k/980 @ 1600p; I might get 60fps with my 6700k/980ti @ 1440p.
You could well do at that.. The Ti is in some instances almost 30% faster than the normal 980 so you probably might well see 60fps. I just had to buy a Ti too. A total beast of a card!!

That's why I'm getting the 2 R9 380X's instead of the GTX 960's. The new AMD card beat's NVIDIA'S in every benchmark. It wasn't too far below the GTX 970's either, comparing they cost $100.00 more.

I prefer single card set ups personally hence my purchase but in any case DX12 is looking amazing!

Yeah, I prefer single cards, too. Problem is with the only ones I can afford, it's better getting 2 of them. As far as AMD beating NVIDIA in dx 12, that will definitely change when they introduce new cards.

This latest video shows DX12 has arrived and looking good!

Back
Top Bottom