Windows 10 Edge over Chrome

Fenway16

Honorable Member
I keep seeing all this press about the Giant Google. The press isn't good. What do users on win10 use? Chrome -- Edge. What is the feeling about Edge? Do users like it - Edge claims to be more secure. Would love to hear some thoughts. Thanks.

Edge is moving to a chromium based browser now. Chrome tends to fair better in the pwn2own browser hacking competition than other browsers.

Google Chrome is based on the open source browser project Chromium as are a lot of browsers.
The Chromium Projects

All the Chromium-based browsers | ZDNet

Edge has been developed as a closed source browser by Microsoft. They are going another direction by using the Chromium code base for Microsoft Edge going forward.
Microsoft's Edge to morph into a Chromium-based, cross-platform browser | ZDNet

Pwn2Own is a browser hacking competition that awards money for teams that find and exploit vulnerabilities in browsers. It's basically a bug bounty competition
Pwn2Own - Wikipedia

I keep seeing all this press about the Giant Google. The press isn't good. What do users on win10 use? Chrome -- Edge. What is the feeling about Edge? Do users like it - Edge claims to be more secure. Would love to hear some thoughts. Thanks.

I use Edge exclusively, although I need to use Chrome on those occasions where I need to access a certain area in my Bank of America account. For some reason, Edge doesn't work there. All in all, I like Edge. I don't remember ever having it crash or otherwise act badly.

I've been using the Chromium Edge beta version and I like it thus far. Like @Hermitkrab I too need to use Chrome every now and then for certain sites and my kids need to use it for school sites.

Back
Top Bottom