EMU-404 USB and Recording software

Chamenas

I wasn't sure if this should go in a specific support forum, since it's not a specific piece of hardware to Windows 7, but if it needs to be moved, I will. Really this is more a general question as I'm hoping to reach out to anyone here who might also have an EMU-404 USB and/or a Audio Technica AT4040 Condenser Microphone.

What's the problem? When I record with my mic, I pick up a LOT of background noise, it's pretty obnoxious.

Here's Video 1, showcasing audio with the E-MU/Audio Technica combo: ‪Daily 3‬‏ - YouTube
Here's Video 2, showcasing audio with the Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910: ‪Daily 3.5‬‏ - YouTube

I remember, when the mic was recommended to me, all of the tips that were offered to create a nice, professional soundbooth. Unfortunately I have neither the space nor the resources to create such a thing. It also seems weird that a more professional microphone and external soundboard would need all of that work to do some simple noise cancellation that the Webcam can do automatically. I'm hoping there's a software solution.

The second issue is with recording software.

Since I'm beginning to do Vlogs, I got some recording software to help with the recordings since I didn't like the software which came with the camera. I ended up getting Debut from NCH Software. Debut offered some more options and works nicely, but is sort of lacking. For one, I can't switch between my screen and my camera without stopping the recording (or any other devices if I were to add them). Debut, to my knowledge, wouldn't make it easy for me to pick up another person if they were calling in from a program like skype. It also lacks the ability to do overlays while recording. It has a nice "watermark" feature, but, if I were, for instance, doing a live cast, I'd want the ability to overlay images and such in the middle of the recording, and I don't see Debut being able to do that. Also, many of Debut's settings for adjusting various aspects of the video mid-recording are sort of clunky to DO during a recording, and I don't see any options for presets to switch between.

All of these things make for a less than desired experience with recording and I was curious if there were any really nice recording software programs out there that I could use to record and to also enhance any ability to live stream should I choose to do that in the future.

Also, my Logitech camera is supposed to record in 1080p HD, but my videos look awfully grainy full-screen on my 1920x1080 resolution on my 23" monitor. I'm using a Logitech C910 webcam, does anyone have any experience with these and know if I need to do anything special to get sharper quality from it? Or is that what I should expect of an HD webcam at my resolution/screen size?

Back