Windows 8 Enhancements tab messed up (Windows 8)

Prestigebumps1

So I was going to go into my enhance my bass just a little bit and for some reason, my screen looks different from all of the people on youtube's screen. I will link an attachment to the image. I am running windows 8.1 so not sure if that affects it at all.
onqf7txib

Attachments

• problem.png
    problem.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 322
I suspect that the audio drivers are signed for 8 only so when you upgraded to 8.1 they were disabled by default and you in fact just have the basic no frills windows drivers from Microsoft.

Ime for most name brand motherboards the 8 drivers work just fine even thou they hadn't been 8.1 signed but my professional advice would be to first go to the driver download website for your model and see if they offer any 8.1 chipset & audio drivers.

Hi

I had serious issues with the sound drivers in Windows 8.1, to the extent that I restored back to Windows 8 and haven't tried to upgrade again.

I found later that if I update my sound drivers in Windows 8 to the latest ones, all of the problems come back again.
Only the default Windows 8 drivers seem to work correctly. Not the ones from Creative.

So if you can find a way to reinstall the old Windows 8 drivers in Windows 8.1 you may be able to fix the issues.

Mike

Back