Windows 8 Enter does not work

Medico

This is a minor problem, but in typing in any forum, this and others, with Win 8, my Enter key does not move the cursor to the next line,

like this (entering this from Win 7) it does not seem to do anything. This is irritating because it does not allow me to add paragraph breaks, breaks around uploaded screen shots, etc. Does anyone have a fix and/or workaround for this? Thanks.

Seems to be unique to IE10, I've installed Firefox and it doesn't seem to have the same issue. I guess the IE10 version in Win8 is not all together ready for prime time either.
Regards
Randy

Thanks for the reply Randy. Perhaps I will try with Chrome (I really do not like FF at this time)

edit: It works in Google Chrome as well. Thanks for the advice. I realize that IE 10 is also a very early version, and definitely not ready for prime time.

Last edited by a moderator:
It did not work for me on my first install, but it seems to be working today.

See.. ;-)

Enter still not working in IE 10. Enter works in Chrome, but as I'm typing along, my cursor jumps to another line frequently. It good I do not type fast or this could be a big problem. Oh well, as we all know, this is a very early dev preview. I will just get used to it.

Mine return key stopped working again today. I will have to watch more closely the circumstances under which is will or will not work.

Edit: I switched to the basic editor in the Settings area and
the return key seems to work.

Re: Enter does not work **SOLVED**

Well I will try the standard editor

You are correct that seems to have fixed the problem I'll set all to standard editor and see what happens.

In some forums after changing to the standard editor, I switched back to the Enhanced editor and Enter was working. Will have to watch for this. At least I know a work around now if this happens again.

Thanks to Saltgrass for a great work around.

Back