Windows 7 Epson perfection 2450 scanner

Unibunny

Hi all, I'm in need of a Win 7 64 bit driver for my Epson 2450 scanner.
It's a great working scanner and I hope to use it soon.

Me Too

Funny, I have the exact scanner and Windows 7 64bit question.

I went to Vuescan but I didn't see the 2450 listed as being supported.

Glocker, It's not actually posted , they say to try it first free. The trial version is the full version but
when you scan anything there is a watermark on the scan. When you buy it and input your serial number
watermark is gone. Works well and no issues I've found. Oh one thing, works only with USB not 1394.

Last edited:
Hi all, I'm in need of a Win 7 64 bit driver for my Epson 2450 scanner.
It's a great working scanner and I hope to use it soon.

I was able to get my Epson Perfection 2450 scanner working in Windows 7 (64 bit) by installing the XP Mode software available through Microsoft, setting up XP Mode, and then installing my original scanner software while running in the XP Mode window. The scanner works correctly after software installation and I did not have to update my Twain 5 app. It did take me some time to fiddle with getting the two software downloads for XP Mode to work but it was worth it.

I had previously downloaded the free trial VueScan software and it did help me test that my scanner still worked. I could not justify the expense of paying $40 for the least expensive edition of that software ($80 for the deluxe with better features) when I could put the money towards a replacement scanner, if necessary, instead of paying again for something I already own.

If someone finds the VueScan software convenient to purchase that is fine; if you are planning to run other older apps and trying to install other peripherals perhaps it is worth the effort to install and run XP Mode when needed.

When in XP Mode I have to use the USB option from the drop down menu along the top of the screen. In order to have the scanner work I have to explicitly choose to "attach" it. Otherwise the scanner doesn't work using the Smart Panel software.

Back