Windows 7 Error after setup, boot faliure

gulranek

Hi everyone!

I just tried installing the Win7 Ultimate 64-bit edition on my ASUS U81A notebook. The setup went fine, and after entering the serial number and restarting the computer, upon entering the login phase, there was an error, I can't recall exactly what it was, but it was something in the line of "logon faliure for some reason", I couldn't even read it properly because the laptop restarted promptly. After that, I got the boot faliure and unfortunately had to reinstall Vista from the recovery partition.

Any ideas?

P.S. First I tried formatting the disk and then installing Win7, encountered the problem, installed Vista from the recovery partition, then tried installing Win7 from Vista, but again the same problem.

Hi everyone!

I just tried installing the Win7 Ultimate 64-bit edition on my ASUS U81A notebook. The setup went fine, and after entering the serial number and restarting the computer, upon entering the login phase, there was an error, I can't recall exactly what it was, but it was something in the line of "logon faliure for some reason", I couldn't even read it properly because the laptop restarted promptly. After that, I got the boot faliure and unfortunately had to reinstall Vista from the recovery partition.

Any ideas?

P.S. First I tried formatting the disk and then installing Win7, encountered the problem, installed Vista from the recovery partition, then tried installing Win7 from Vista, but again the same problem.
I assume you are using the Retail disk, if not you may have to re-burn your ISO at a lower speed. Also, you should run the compatibility wizard and uninstall anything in Vista that might cause problems. Finally, run MSCONFIG and turn off all non-microsoft services and uncheck everything loading at boot. One or more of these possibilities might get you installed. Otherwise, do like most and do a clean install and dual-boot to Vista while moving stuff over at your leisure.

Yeah, I tried a clean install (as I wrote in my first post), the same thing happened. I checked my dvd after I burnt it, the data was verified correctly.

You might check and see if the Recovery partition is marked Active.

Hi everyone!

Any ideas?

Back