Windows 7 Error Code: 0x8007045D - Windows Cannot Install Req'd Files

Spartan Erik

Trying to install build 7000 on an OS-less machine. Everything works well in the installation until during the unpacking process I get this pop up error message:

"Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart in the installation. Error code: 0x8007045D"

Any help? I've tried this twice and have received the same error

This most likely is a case of a corrupt iso that you received. Either this happened while you were burning it or it is in fact a bad download from microsoft. I suggest redownloading it from microsoft and try again.

Well the MD5 checks out.. I'll do a re-burn and see if I get the same results.. I'm thinking it might be a DVD drive issue just because it's a stamped retail Imation DVD, and I burned it at 2x just to prevent this type of situation from happening

I have the same problem. i have tried installing doing an upgrade option 5 times now using a burned 12x with imgburn memorex media. i alway get to 63% then it errors out with the 0x8007045D message

Burn at the slowest speed possible

Do not do an upgrade. You're asking for trouble

Do a "clean" install.

Try a different brand of DVD.

even when i do a clean install, it doesnt work. i get to the final part " completing" the computer restarts i see the windows animations and then it freezes right there. i have seen it stay at this screen for more than 45 mins 3 times when i choose to do a clean install

eburn at the slowest speed available. It should not be neccessary, but MS reccomends 2x if you get that error. Otherwise Create A Folder Called Setup! Copy you Windows 7 DVD to the Folder Called Setup. Run the Setup.exe in the Setup folder!

If you can't Copy the files to your hard drive because you get a copy error of 'ANY KIND!!" Its your DVD Drive!.

Back