Windows 7 windows 7 64x reinstall error code: 0x8007045D

mzhu026

i had to reinstall my windows 7 64x dell inspiron 1750 laptop using my windws 7 home premium disc that came with my laptop when i bought it because it was in a constant starup repair loop. the disc worked find until i got to the part where it said "expanding windows files." it was stuck at 0% after a whilr and then a message popped up that said error code:0x8007045D. during the time when it was expanding windows files i could hear my disc running, but after a while it stops.when i tried running the disc again, the error code message didn't pop up, but the expanding windows files was stuck at 0% forever. when i tried turning on my computer without using the disc, it goes directly from the "finding window files" screen to startup repair. it tells me that it can't fix the problem and i click on a link that tells me that the problem is that my boot configuration is corrupt. i have also ried cleaning my disc and it doesn't look like there's any stratches on it. i'm at school and the only way i can access anything now is through my phone's wifi. any help is appreciated!

Do the following: (will be easier for you than trying to repair your machine)

This will only work if you don't have data needing to be saved. If you do, hook the HDD to another puter & grab what is need for later.

Get your hands on a regular W7 disc; same flavour as what came in your machine. Do a "Custom Install". Use the key on the bottom of your laptop. Add MSE & the Windows Updates. You MAY need to download & install some drivers for the M/B. Replace the data you saved.

GL

Regards,
Drew

i dont
Do the following: (will be easier for you than trying to repair your machine)

This will only work if you don't have data needing to be saved. If you do, hook the HDD to another puter & grab what is need for later.

Get your hands on a regular W7 disc; same flavour as what came in your machine. Do a "Custom Install". Use the key on the bottom of your laptop. Add MSE & the Windows Updates. You MAY need to download & install some drivers for the M/B. Replace the data you saved.

GL

i don't really understand what you mean by a regular windows 7 disc. from what i know, the one i'm using is the regular one. it's the windows 7 home premium 64-bit reinstallation dvd that came with the laptop.

The disc you have may do fine. The distinction being made is that the discs that come w/ some machines are propriatary (sp?), dedicated... By "regular" was meant, not tied to a pre-loaded, off the shelf, machine. In other words everything is on the disc AND it is not, by design, already associated to a certain machine. The appoach was suggested due to the corruption exhibited by the machine & the broken boot.

I trust this clarifies.

Drew

The disc you have may do fine. The distinction being made is that the discs that come w/ some machines are propriatary (sp?), dedicated... By "regular" was meant, not tied to a pre-loaded, off the shelf, machine. In other words everything is on the disc AND it is not, by design, already associated to a certain machine. The appoach was suggested due to the corruption exhibited by the machine & the broken boot.

I trust this clarifies.

Drew

i can do a custom install, but it gets as far as "expanding windows files" and then it proceeds to stay at 0% forever.

I would suspect a failed or bad HDD. W/ what you've given & from this vantage point... it hints hardware. Maybe M/B but, HDD is more likely.

Hook the HDD to a healthy machine... can you see it & it's content? Does it sound right? Spin properly?

Drew

Back