Windows 10 Error code: 0xC004C003

senthiele

Honorable Member
anyone know y am getting this error. I have my key and everthing so I cant figure out what is going on

You have your key to what exactly?

When are you getting the error message?

error code: 0xC004C003 is Microsoft your key failed to activate... at a guess you tried to do a clean install first without upgrading to get your wx key or you tried to use some [insert image tool] to clone a wx from another system.

opps: I'll butt out... your fast Saltgrass!

Hey,

I have been browsing Google searching for people (such as OP) with the same problem as me.

error code: 0xC004C003 is Microsoft your key failed to activate... at a guess you tried to do a clean install first without upgrading to get your wx key or you tried to use some [insert image tool] to clone a wx from another system.

opps: I'll butt out... your fast Saltgrass!

I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, then did a clean install. Currently it has been a week and Windows has not re-activated yet.

When I did a clean install, the system activated before I even signed into the Microsoft Account. Remember, you do not use a Windows 7 or Windows 8 key, they become useless with Windows 10.

You did have to complete an upgrade on a qualifying system and probably have signed into a Microsoft Account. If the process did not complete, the clean install will not activate. I have had several systems that would not activate in certain circumstances and have never seen that error.

have never seen that error.
Its easy to do;
1. start with w7 pro... upgrade it to wx pro
then get a bit mixed up when you go to make your fresh install and
2. install wx home... when you try to activate you will get this error

I can think of other ways but that would have to be the most common.

Back