mslaxmeter

Hi there.
I have an Asus G50VT-X1 I bought off of craigslist with a clean install of win 7 enterprise 64bit. Ive hadd it for about a month. It wont let me create a system restore point AT ALL which concerns me. It says i have insufficient storage space and I have run the applicable vssadmin command to correct this but I allocated 50gbs and It doesnt work...
I have run extensive virus scans with AVG, Malwarebytes, Win Defender. Also I have done reg repair etc, and Im fairly sure its not a virus issue.
Also, Ive also been having problems with my custom settings...
Whenever I restart my computer, settings such as desktop layout, taskbar items, etc, reset themselves. Also any changes AVG has made with its reg repair and cleanup are undone. I can still use the computer and data isnt fully reverted. My video game saves remain as they were and my files arent deleted, however this is getting extremely annoying...

Any help with either or both problems would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Solution
It sounds like you're facing a couple of issues with your Asus G50VT-X1 running Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit. Let's address each problem step by step:

### Issue 1: Unable to create a system restore point due to insufficient storage space
When you encounter the "insufficient storage space" error while trying to create a system restore point, it could be related to various factors. Here are some steps you can take to address this:
1. Check Disk Space: Make sure you have enough free space on your system drive (usually C:\) where system restore points are saved. To check your disk space:
- Right-click on the drive and select "Properties."
- Check the available free space.

2. Modify System Protection Settings:
- Go to...
It sounds like you're facing a couple of issues with your Asus G50VT-X1 running Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit. Let's address each problem step by step:

### Issue 1: Unable to create a system restore point due to insufficient storage space
When you encounter the "insufficient storage space" error while trying to create a system restore point, it could be related to various factors. Here are some steps you can take to address this:
1. Check Disk Space: Make sure you have enough free space on your system drive (usually C:\) where system restore points are saved. To check your disk space:
- Right-click on the drive and select "Properties."
- Check the available free space.

2. Modify System Protection Settings:
- Go to Control Panel > System.
- Click on "System Protection" on the left-hand side.
- Select your system drive and click on "Configure."
- Ensure that "Turn on system protection" is selected and adjust the disk space usage accordingly.

3. Run Disk Cleanup:
- Use the Disk Cleanup tool to remove temporary files and clean up your system drive.

4. Check Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS):
- Ensure that the Volume Shadow Copy service is running. You can check this in the Services menu.

### Issue 2: Custom settings reverting after restart
When your custom settings like desktop layout and taskbar items reset after a restart, it can be frustrating. To troubleshoot this problem:
1. Corrupted User Profile:
- Create a new user profile and see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem is related to your user profile.

2. System File Checker (SFC):
- Run an SFC scan to check for and repair corrupted system files. Open Command Prompt as administrator and run sfc /scannow.

3. User Account Control (UAC):
- Ensure that UAC is enabled. Changes to system settings may not be saved if UAC is disabled.

4. Registry Cleanup:
- Be cautious when using registry cleaners. They can sometimes cause more harm than good. Make sure you have a backup before making any changes.

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot the issues you're experiencing with your system restore points and custom settings. If these steps don't resolve the problems completely, feel free to provide more details for further assistance.

Solution
Back