ESET Promotional Giveaway

Mike

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
We are pleased to announce a WindowsForum.com partnership in a promotional giveaway for ESET Family Security Pack, the latest in ESET’s line of security products. By working with the marketers and developers at the company, WindowsForum.com can now provide you with an opportunity to try this product out, trial it, and review it here. Those who review ESET software, in this thread, have a chance, not only receive a free copy of the ESET Family Security Pack, but receive genuine feedback from ESET employees.

This promotion involves no hidden agenda of any kind. ESET has been kind of enough to express interest in working with WindowsForum.com for this purpose, and to allow our members an opportunity to receive a free copy of the software. You will also be providing valuable information to improve the product. To get started, be sure to safely uninstall any existing security software bundled on your system, and immediately download and install one of ESET’s products. These trials are fully functional for a number of days, and can typically be uninstalled with ease.

What is ESET Family Security Pack?

Family Security Pack combines all of ESET’s products, including the Android platform protection, and its award winning security software like NOD32 and Smart Security in one multi-licensed package for multiple use. By using one of these programs, and reviewing it here, you could receive a free copy of the bundle.

If you already happen to own an ESET product, you can provide feedback here, indicating the ESET anti-virus suite you are using. Also be sure to include important information, like the operating system you are using, when trying out the software.

Thanks for your interest, as we hope to gain some genuine feedback. We will continue to work with ESET to fine tune the promotion. How long it lasts, and how much feedback we receive, will also be essential in determining how many licenses can be given out, and for how long the promotion may last. Participation, is, of course, voluntary, but we hope that you will join us. We have been working, for several weeks, to make this possible for our members, and are hopeful that you will be interested in participating.

Even if you are a beginner or a skilled expert in computers, you could run the software in a virtual machine to provide some valid feedback. There is no limitation to the kind of feedback that can be provided, either regarding its length or substance.

While not everyone can be guaranteed a copy, those who provide the most essential feedback deemed important by ESET will receive a notification. The result of your feedback, or review, may even be useful in the continuing development of the software.

Kind regards,

Last edited:
I bought the Family pack a while back and it is okay, needs better popup blocker and netter banking online support. Otherwise blocks all unwanted or unsafe programs, Blocks fishing or sites that are known bad. Good at stopping virus, mal-ware and at cleaning them up. Has Parental Control, have not tried it on any program. Has a Phantom Log-in for anti theft support which is great. Would love to have a new family pack so I could share with the other family members so I do not have to work on them so much.

Thanks for your reply! You should know that NOD32/Smart Security 7 is currently in beta, and as such, may be released soon. With that being said, any feedback on the PC products or the Android product is useful. A new version of the Android app was released earlier in the week. So there are a lot of developments going on. If people are willing to give the trial a chance and provide some basic feedback like:

What OS are you running it on
What drawbacks did you see in the product
What did you like about the product

Etc.

This can be very useful in getting an official response from ESET and the potential to give out a license. I personally own and recommend ESET Smart Security and the Android app, but never bought the ESET Family Security Pack. Ultimately, that pack is a money saver if you are going to go "all in" on this type of security for several computers or devices. ESET Family Security Pack provides licensing for nearly every ESET product, so even a review of NOD32, which is part of the pack, is a legitimate point of reference and feedback. Thanks for your contribution, we shall see if we get any further responses. Even if you have gripes with the software, this is legitimate discussion!

I have been using ESET NOD32 with Windows XP and then with Windows 7 when I upgraded to ESET Smart Security. I am currently using Windows 8 and I have had the best protection you can get from a antivirus program. I have no viruses or spyware on my system and I feel very protected. I have told many friends about ESET and they came back and said they loves it and felt secure using it. I know ESET offer promotions if you refer a friend but I have never referred a friend that way lol. I believe in ESET software and will continue to use it on my system.

Thanks for your reply! You should know that NOD32/Smart Security 7 is currently in beta, and as such, may be released soon. With that being said, any feedback on the PC products or the Android product is useful. A new version of the Android app was released earlier in the week. So there are a lot of developments going on. If people are willing to give the trial a chance and provide some basic feedback like:

What OS are you running it on
What drawbacks did you see in the product
What did you like about the product

Etc.

This can be very useful in getting an official response from ESET and the potential to give out a license. I personally own and recommend ESET Smart Security and the Android app, but never bought the ESET Family Security Pack. Ultimately, that pack is a money saver if you are going to go "all in" on this type of security for several computers or devices. ESET Family Security Pack provides licensing for nearly every ESET product, so even a review of NOD32, which is part of the pack, is a legitimate point of reference and feedback. Thanks for your contribution, we shall see if we get any further responses. Even if you have gripes with the software, this is legitimate discussion!

Running the Family Pack on Three Laptops and getting ready to put it on a desktop that I am redoing. All are Windows 7x64 and are different machines.
Yes we just updated Eset on our tablets and phones and I love it so much better. Actually shows my Username now and expiration date. The GI Is totally different with Antivirus ,anti-theft, sms and call filter. Has a much better anti fishing protection. The security audit runs and lets you know if you install a new program or if anything changes. You can schedule different scans to run as Quick, Smart or deep and set it to run everyday or as often you want.
There is a major change compared to the old version and runs much better.
I can honestly say this is the best Android Security System out there. The computer Security System is great and much better than 5, I liked 4 better than 5. But with all things they have to improve. I am sure 7 will or hope that it will have some improvements,

Hey guys, this is Daniel from ESET North America checking in. Thank you for the comments and feedback so far. We're definitely excited for the upcoming 7th generation of our Windows products for home users and we hope you'll see some improvements over previous versions. Of course, that is what we strive for with every new release. We'd love to hear more of your thoughts on what works best, what isn't working so well for you and why. Just to verify what Mike said, we are looking to possibly reward a one-year 3 user license for Family Security Pack and that announcement should be coming in a few weeks. We want to give everyone the opportunity to chime in and let their voice be heard. Cheers, guys and thanks again!

OK....I installed ESET Smart Security on my desktop running Windows 8.1 Preview...works really well with Windows 8.1. I must admit...it's lite on resources, updates quite nicely...and using the real-time protection....it's bang on. I've run one complete full scan so far since I installed it (I have 25 days left) and is hasn't picked up on anything yet....well I don't go anywhere that I should have to worry about anyway. I've went through each tab to see what each one is and what they do. It's very easy to navigate in with very easy to follow instructions....which is great for the novice users out there. I like the fact you can create a rescue CD....nice feature as well as the social media scanner. I wish I had a laptop to install it on and try that Anti-Theft part of the software to try it out. So far I'm really liking what I see....plus all the reviews I've read are 95% positive. I just don't like the idea of an annual or semi-annual subscription.....if I can't get my head around that aspect of the software....I would most definitely buy it and buy it after my trial period is up....I like it that much. Plus I'll tell everyone I know that they to should use it...Over all very well put together AV combo.

I am using ESET for 5 years, first NOD32 antivirus and years later ESET Smart Security, the most plus side for this antivirus is speed, it will not slow down your computer and also comes with good virus detection. But still suffers from some serious problems , one of them is " INF/Autorun Viruses" still after many many years i can not use it to delete that virus from my removable drives, it keeps saying that a restart is required to delete the virus after the restart the virus is still there and eset only detects it not removing it. i've tested it in 2 computers with different OS but it is same and as this virus is very popular my portable drives get infected with it every 2 or 3 months.

I haven't seen any other problem with this antivirus during these years and it is the best security software i have every used. there is only one other thing that i want to mention, firewall of eset doesn't seem to be user friendly, i mean i'm using it for many years and still don't know how to config it to let softwares like CCproxy work correctly with it. A friendly wizard is what i think needed for firewall of eset so people can use it better.

I am using ESET for 5 years, first NOD32 antivirus and years later ESET Smart Security, the most plus side for this antivirus is speed, it will not slow down your computer and also comes with good virus detection. But still suffers from some serious problems , one of them is " INF/Autorun Viruses" still after many many years i can not use it to delete that virus from my removable drives, it keeps saying that a restart is required to delete the virus after the restart the virus is still there and eset only detects it not removing it. i've tested it in 2 computers with different OS but it is same and as this virus is very popular my portable drives get infected with it every 2 or 3 months.

I haven't seen any other problem with this antivirus during these years and it is the best security software i have every used. there is only one other thing that i want to mention, firewall of eset doesn't seem to be user friendly, i mean i'm using it for many years and still don't know how to config it to let softwares like CCproxy work correctly with it. A friendly wizard is what i think needed for firewall of eset so people can use it better.

Have you submitted a bug report to ESET on this issue? If I remember correctly, it's some where in the settings area....I new to ESET but definitely like it.

My system configuration is:

Processor: Intel corei3 2nd generation,
RAM: 4GB
Mother: Intel
I am using eset from the version 4 i like eset because its keep my system fast, safe secure, and healthy and its work very silently it doesn’t disturb me while working on the system Eset Smart Security is very good antivrus I satisfied its keep me safe from all way of attacking of threats.
such as network attacks, from the way of USB, CD/DVD and etc

Positive Points:

1. Very lite on the system

2. Good protection attacks threats from the network

3. Strong firewall

4. Lots of useful features

5. Silent update and scan

6. Free major version upgrades

7. Low resources use of the system

8. Small size (take small space of HDD)

9. Many good points, I don’t have words for those

My eset license is going to expired and I am thinking to use other antivirus because of some issues I don’t want to leave the eset I don’t like this word “Uninstall Eset” I don’t want to uninstall Eset but I am helpless because of these Negative points.

Negative Points:

1. Problem to configure Email clients without changing configuration of “web and Email” of eset :-this problem already known the ESET but still problem is present

2. No “Anti-root Kit tool” to scan the root files in eset (I can tell the names of antiviruses which provide the anti-root Kit if you will ask me )

3. No link advisor in eset

4. Eset can’t scan the mobile phone via PC or laptop (I can tell you the names of antivirus which scan mobile devices if you will ask me) if I want to scan your mobile phones you have pay extra to scan your mobiles.

5. If any device is effected by heavy virus (Bunches of the virus) eset hangs and goes to the not responding) I was inserted my friend’s USB with heavy amount of virus so its hanged I don’t know why.

I am expecting all these negative points will disappear in the feature versions, the protection is very good but facing some problems while working to related with issues I feel very sad with these problems
I am requesting to developers please fix all these issues I don’t want to uninstall ESET.

But still suffers from some serious problems , one of them is " INF/Autorun Viruses" still after many many years i can not use it to delete that virus from my removable drives, it keeps saying that a restart is required to delete the virus after the restart the virus is still there and eset only detects it not removing it. i've tested it in 2 computers with different OS but it is same and as this virus is very popular my portable drives get infected with it every 2 or 3 months.

You might find some assistance with ESET Knowledgebase article "How do I remove an INF/Autorun.AC or Pronny infection?"
If not, you can always contact ESET Customer Care through their online support.

Negative Points:

1. Problem to configure Email clients without changing configuration of “web and Email” of eset :-this problem already known the ESET but still problem is present

2. No “Anti-root Kit tool” to scan the root files in eset (I can tell the names of antiviruses which provide the anti-root Kit if you will ask me )

3. No link advisor in eset

4. Eset can’t scan the mobile phone via PC or laptop (I can tell you the names of antivirus which scan mobile devices if you will ask me) if I want to scan your mobile phones you have pay extra to scan your mobiles.

5. If any device is effected by heavy virus (Bunches of the virus) eset hangs and goes to the not responding) I was inserted my friend’s USB with heavy amount of virus so its hanged I don’t know why.

I believe I can address a few of these.

1. Which email clients are you trying to configure? Are you still using version 4 of ESET Smart Security? If so, you can upgrade to version 6 with your current license and this issue may be resolved.
2. ESET has Rootkit detection but we call it "Anti-Stealth Technology". You can click here for more information
4. ESET Mobile Security for Android now comes with a free option so you can protect your phone at no extra charge. Note, there are premium features that cost extra but you can bundle this with your PC license in ESET Family Security Pack.
5. Have you contacted ESET Customer Support about the issue with the egui.exe service hanging after a virus detection? We'd always recommend contacting them if ever you get infected. The malware removal/cleanup service is free.

I'll forward your request for a link advisor to our developers. Thank you for all of your feedback and I hope we can keep you on board as an active ESET customer.

I believe I can address a few of these.

1. Which email clients are you trying to configure? Are you still using version 4 of ESET Smart Security? If so, you can upgrade to version 6 with your current license and this issue may be resolved.
2. ESET has Rootkit detection but we call it "Anti-Stealth Technology". You can click here for more information
4. ESET Mobile Security for Android now comes with a free option so you can protect your phone at no extra charge. Note, there are premium features that cost extra but you can bundle this with your PC license in ESET Family Security Pack.
5. Have you contacted ESET Customer Support about the issue with the egui.exe service hanging after a virus detection? We'd always recommend contacting them if ever you get infected. The malware removal/cleanup service is free.

I'll forward your request for a link advisor to our developers. Thank you for all of your feedback and I hope we can keep you on board as an active ESET customer.

Currently I am using ESS 6 latest updated version and the email client is The Bat pro 5.4 but I faced same problem which I had face with version 4, and about the mobile scan we want to keep our system safe and healthy we just want each way where threads are entering that should be block, I am sorry to say this but I have to say this viruses can enter in the system via mobile, if we connect our virus infected mobile without know our mobile is infected by the viruses with ESS which is which called security suite that can't scan mobile we don't ask all those features of mobile security just one in ESS mobile scan of any mobile OS.

When I connect usb with huge amount of virus eset detects viruses but why its hangs the PC and when I remove the usb of virus my PC free from hang so please fix these problems.
Eset is really perfect anti-virus for all kinds of PC and works perfectly with low system configuration I love eset but with these problems I feel very sad.

Regards
Mohammad

Back