Windows 7 Event 41 kernel power 63

I left Seatools Running at night. In the morning I woke and saw BSOD (attached). "A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated". That also failed to create a dump. Somehow I have a feeling that my HDD is failing because even the boot process was acting strange a month back where it said something like 'no hdd found' or 'no start up entry found', basically saying that it could not find the linux boot operation and the connected boot options, and then it automatically worked.

Anyways, SSD costs a bomb. So I'm looking for SSHD. But anyways, thanks a lot for your support. :)

Attachments

• DSC_0571[1].JPG
    DSC_0571[1].JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 353
Last edited:
I left Seatools Running at night.
You don't actually need to run it overnight as the test completes in a few minutes or so.

Can you try running Seatools again but watch for the result this time?

Do you have the actual dump file or didn't it create one?

It did not create any dump files. I tried 'Fix All' option and it gave BSOD, as attached previously, while doing something called long check I guess. But its funny that suddenly Sleep mode is working now. I do not understand why my system is working so strange. Bizarre!

I tried 'Fix All' option and it gave BSOD, as attached previously, while doing something called long check I guess.
Even though the machine blue screened it's possible that Seatools repaired something when you ran 'Fix all'.

Please run a chkdsk, and ensure that you check off the boxes to search for and repair broken sectors.

Please keep an eye out for bsod's and make a note of what the result.

Ya, I ran chkdsk. No corrections this time. Sleep is working. But lets see. If I get a dump, I'll surely bug you again.

Thank you so much :)

Hi Mediator,
thanks for the update and your very welcome by the way. As you said, any problems then please post back. All the best.. :)

I forgot to add that do keep an eye on the HDD as it might be failing slowly but surely. In any case just pop back if issues should arise again.

Back