Windows 7 Every time I try to wake up my computer from "power save mode" I get blue screen.

Hackerlacka

I am currently using Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1. I have this issue whenever i try to wake up my computer from "power save mode" I get blue screen.
Here's a picture on the issue(I did not shoot this photo)
http://sebastiannilsson.com/images/internal_power_error.jpg

And here is another photo from my computer after I had a blue screen and rebooted.
Link Removed due to 404 Error
It's in swedish, but I've translated it as good as I could.

Does someone know how to get rid of this issue? The manufacture says that is some kind of bug in Windows 7 and that Microsoft will have to release an update. I bougth this computer about 1,5 - 2,0 years and I haven't got a single update that removes this bug.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Hackerlacka and Welcome to The Forum.

We really need to see the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:
Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
OK your way out.
Reboot if changes have been made.

The .dmp files are located at C:\Windows\Minidump. Until a .dmp file is generated, the Minidump folder may not exist.

Go to your C:\Windows\Minidump folder. Copy the .dmp files to a new folder on your desktop. Zip up that folder and attach to a post.

Please see: How to ask for help with a BSOD problem Following Method 2:
Download
and run the SF Diagnostics Tool. Right click the SF Diag tool and select Run as Administrator before running. When the reports have been created, zip them up and attach to a post.

Download and run CPU-Z. Take screenshots**/snips of the CPU tab, Mainboard tab, Memory tab and all the slot #'s under the SPD tab.
Go to Post Reply, click on the Go Advanced button and attach the screenshots**/snips to your post for all the RAM experts to see by using the paper clip you will find on the top toolbar. Do not zip them up.
If screenshots, please crop.

Also see: http://windows7forums.com/blue-scre...lp-us-help-you-filling-your-system-specs.html

When attaching dmp files, PLEASE put them in a single zipped folder

Hi thanks for your answer!
I have been having this problem for a long time and it's getting quite annoying :( I should mention that it doesn't happen every time i put the computer in power saving mode but still most of the times.

I have taken the screenshots of CPU-Z tabs, used the Diagnostic Tool and zipped a DMP file. I hope you can help me, would be much appreciated.
I have attached the files.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• SF Diag Tool reports.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 527
  • DMP files.zip
    33.1 KB · Views: 286
  • CPU-Z CPU TAB.png
    CPU-Z CPU TAB.png
    44.7 KB · Views: 508
  • CPU-Z MAINBOARD TAB.png
    CPU-Z MAINBOARD TAB.png
    36.5 KB · Views: 526
  • CPU-Z MEMORY TAB.png
    CPU-Z MEMORY TAB.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 488
  • CPU-Z SPD TAB SLOT #1.png
    CPU-Z SPD TAB SLOT #1.png
    38.9 KB · Views: 509
  • CPU-Z SPD TAB SLOT #2.png
    CPU-Z SPD TAB SLOT #2.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 524
  • CPU-Z SPD TAB SLOT #3.png
    CPU-Z SPD TAB SLOT #3.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 528
  • CPU-Z SPD TAB SLOT #4.png
    CPU-Z SPD TAB SLOT #4.png
    32 KB · Views: 455
STOP 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Usual causes:
Defective hardware (particularly memory - but not just RAM), Faulty system service, Antivirus, Device driver, NTFS corruption, BIOS.

Your latest dump file lists portcls.sys as the probable cause.
This is a Windows System file and for it to be the cause of your crash is highly unlikely.
Old and incompatible drivers can and do cause issues with Windows 7, often giving false error codes.
Random stop codes can often indicate hardware issues.

As a Priority:

ASACPI.sys Tue Oct 31 02:09:12 2006 This driver is notorious for causing BSOD's. You have two options:
  • You can disable the ATK0110 ACPI Utility in the DeviceManager (under System Devices) with no apparent issues. OR (and if disabling does cause issues)
  • There is an update here: Asus ATK0110 driver. Look under the sub-heading: Utilities. 12th one down.

Driver Install - Manual method

1. Download the driver and extract it to a folder.
  2. Open the Device Manager.
  3. Right click the device you wish to change the drivers for. You can select Properties > Driver > Driver Details to check you have the right device. In this case System Devices >> ATK0110 ACPI Utility
  4. Choose Update Driver Software.
  5. Select Browse My Computer For Driver Software.
  6. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
  7. Select Have disk...
  8. Select Browse..
  9. Navigate to the extracted folder and double click on the .inf file
  10. Hit OK, then Next and the driver(s) will then begin to install.
  11. After it has installed, GoTo C:\Windows\System32\Drivers. Locate the Asacpi.sys driver, right click it and check the dates under its properties. You're looking for a "Modified" date of 2009 or 2010. Occasionally it can be a bit stubborn to change.

Norton is known to be a cause of BSOD's on many Windows 7 systems. I suggest that you uninstall Norton using the Norton Removal Tool in Safe Mode. Download Blue Screen friendly Link Removed due to 404 Error as its replacement. Make sure Windows firewall is enabled!

Drivers that pre-date Windows 7. Update:

lv302a64.sys Thu May 10 05:21:51 2007
LV302V64.SYS Thu May 10 05:22:39 2007
LVUSBS64.sys Thu May 10 05:21:07
2007 Logitech Camera drivers.

Drivers with Updates:

nusb3hub.sys Fri Apr 23 02:34:35 2010
nusb3xhc.sys Fri Apr 23 02:34:36 2010
Go to your Motherboard Mfr. Support website (or Link Removed - Invalid URL) and update your USB 3.0 drivers. A June 2011 set are available Here.

Rt64win7.sys Fri Jun 10 07:33:15 2011 Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller v7.050 If you're unsure about manually installing drivers then choose the Win7 and WinServer 2008 R2 Auto Installation Program (SID:1483XXX) option to download.

Let us know how it goes. If you get further problems with blue screens, attach your new dump files and details and we'll move on from there.

HTH.

I must say that I am sorry for the long response time from me. I have glad news that my computer's energy saving-mode now works. I find the resume time very slow compared to another computer, but the most important thing is that it works. I can't tell you how gratefull I am that you've shown so much effort in my computer's error.
THANKS!

/Hackerlacka

A few days after it this problem was solved my computer is not willing to start up once it gets into power saving-mode. I don't get blue screen either. I have tried to mix in the computer's settings without no further progress. Do you guys on windows 7 forum know anything else I could try to make my computer start up from power saving-mode? Thanks in advance

We hope to continue to see you around.

Oh what the heck :-(
Just recently my computer got a BSOD...
I will post dump files within an hour or so. I hope that you guys on Windows 7 forum could take a look at this since this is driving me crazy. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Back