Windows 7 Everything works, but I don't have a profile !

FishMan

Hi,
I have recently upgraded from Vista Ultimate x64 to W7 Ultimate x64 (it went very smoothly), and I have a small problem.
When I select: Control Panel > System > Advanced System Settings > Advanced > User Profiles > Settings : (phew !)
There are 3 Profiles listed as usual:

* Default Profile - 9Mb
* Computer\Administrator - 49Mb
* Computer\User - ?

There is no figure for me, just a question mark, and I can just see that if I have a problem in the future and have to retore at somepoint, this is going to be the fly in the ointment (There is always one for me :( )
Is there anything I can do to get the value back ?
(BTW, in vista, it was about 2Gb)

Thanks, & regards,

Hi,
I have recently upgraded from Vista Ultimate x64 to W7 Ultimate x64 (it went very smoothly), and I have a small problem.
When I select: Control Panel > System > Advanced System Settings > Advanced > User Profiles > Settings : (phew !)
There are 3 Profiles listed as usual:

* Default Profile - 9Mb
* Computer\Administrator - 49Mb
* Computer\User - ?

There is no figure for me, just a question mark, and I can just see that if I have a problem in the future and have to retore at somepoint, this is going to be the fly in the ointment (There is always one for me :( )
Is there anything I can do to get the value back ?
(BTW, in vista, it was about 2Gb)

Thanks, & regards,
FishMan:
First let me say hello and welcome to the forum. And second let me say I'm sorry but I really (after quite a bit of research) don't have an answer. Assuming that you have logged on and logged off a couple times and rebooted the machine a couple of times the profile should definitely be there and I agree, it may very well cause some serious problem down the road. So, first I would ask if you go to C:\users do you see your "User" username. If yes right click and choose properties just to see what the approximate size might be. Second and this would be my only suggestion in the way of actual help, I would immediately create a second user account (with computer administrator priviledges) log on as that user, see if he has a profile created and then copy the contents of yours over to the new one. The profile should be automatically created when the new user logs on using the settings of the default user profile and then when he logs off, any profile changes should be saved to his unique profile name. I don't believe I've ever actually seen one that doesn't have any actual size value before.

Back
Top Bottom