Windows 7 Exporting Messages from Outlook Express 6 to Windows Live Mail

yulistana

Dear all,
I’ve some problem when exporting email messages from Outlook express 6 in another PC to my Notebook with seven home premium x64 installed.
I didn’t familiar with Windows Live Mail yet so I can’t find properly guide how to exporting messages. I’ve successfully exporting from Microsoft Outlook in PC just with copying .pst file to my notebook.
I’ve copying .dbx file but still can’t exporting to Windows Live Mail.
Does anyone assist me to exporting Outlook Express messages to Windows Live Mail?
Many thanks for your assist.

Welcome to windows7forums,

Outlook Express messages saved on your hard drive are periodically compressed into files with an extension of .DBX. Thus, all messages in your Inbox are compressed into a single file named Inbox.dbx, while all sent items become Sent Items.dbx. These files are stored in a folder named Outlook Express, which can be found by clicking Tools>Options>Maintenance>Store Folder.

Copy the OE "DBX" files to your notebook wtih 7 to make them available for importing into WLM.

In Outlook Express, click on Addresses>File>Export and follow the prompts, which give options for exporting different types of address books. If uncertain about which type to choose, try a CSV file. This will create a plain text list with the various items such as Name and Email Address separated by commas. Give the file a name along with a .txt extension. This should make the data easily found and importable into Windows Live Mail Contacts.

Dear Cybercore,
I've copying my OE files to my notebook, but I didn't windows live mail menu for importing my messages.

Do the OE files not work, or can't you see the import menu in live mail ? If you do not have a menu bar displayed, then press Alt+M and click on Show menu bar.

How to export e-mail messages from Windows Mail & Outlook Express into Outlook.

Import messages to Windows Mail from other e-mail programs

Import Windows Mail Messages

Step-by-step:

First, export the messages from Outlook Express, follow these steps:

How to export e-mail messages from Windows Mail & Outlook Express into Outlook.

1. On the File menu, point to Export, and then click Messages.

2. Click OK in the following message:

"This will export messages from Outlook Express Mail to Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Exchange."

3. Click to select either All or Selected Folders to export, and then click OK.

4. On the File menu, point to Export, and then click Messages.

5. Click OK in the following message:

"This will export messages from Outlook Express Mail to Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Exchange."

6. Click to select either All or Selected Folders to export, and then click OK.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Second, import messages to Windows Mail:

Import Windows Mail Messages

Import messages to Windows Mail from other e-mail programs

1. Open Windows Mail by clicking the Start button , clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Mail.

2. Click the File menu, point to Import, and then click Messages. ALT-M will show you the menu bar.

3. Follow the instructions to import your e‑mail messages.

Back