EXT HDD Show "Online" but are "Offline" After Clone (Can't Format)

ARNK

I'm on Windows 10 Home, using USB 3.0 EXT HDD (one Glyph & one Fantom)

The Problem: I attempted to clone each drive using Macrium Reflect as I've done many times before to back up information. Something's up because both drives seem to be bricked. At the moment that is.
  • If you look disk.jpg you'll see the drives highlighted clearly showing "Online".
  • Then in cmd.jpg, again highlighted "disks" & associated "volume" information. Notice how the volumes say "offline".
  • Finally in format.jpg, you see the Disk Management error popup when trying to format Disk 5. Same thing for the other disk.
Attempted: I've tried numerous things in Disk Management such as: a) deleting the volume, b) reassigning a simple volume, c) assigning a drive letter. In powershell, same attempts just in command line/powershell. Mainly attempting to convert these offline volumes to online using:

Code:
"select disk 2", "offline disk" | diskpart

and to put it back online:

Code:
"select disk 2", "online disk" | diskpart

No change. Unable to reformat & use either drive. Active/Healthy partitions w/ assigned letters or not.

Any ideas on how I might recover these disks? It's unclear if beforehand these were "dynamic drives" or not, they show "Basic" now.

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• cmd.jpg
    cmd.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 270
  • disk.jpg
    disk.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 249
  • format.jpg
    format.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 271
Back