Windows 7 Extracting Windows 7 OS, no discs

Twrenn

I have an Asus Essentio desktop and it didnt come with any Win7 discs. Is there anyway to extract Win7 and burn to a disc? I only ask because I want to rebuild my PC and wanted a fresh install without all the other software that came on my PC.

If you bought it with win 7 pre-installed it should have a utility program to burn a set of recovery windows disks.

If you had a CD that wipes out your whole Hard Drive You can do that then install Windows 7 on your Asus Essentio Desktop.

And the recovery discs will be all I need to load Win7 on the new drive?
Yes - it should create a bootable set of disks which will install your system, complete with drivers as it was when new.

Is there a way to get the recovery info to a thumbdrive, then fresh install from the thumbdrive after I do the wipe?

Thanks for the help! Any idea how big Windows 7 will be so I can make sure my thumbdrive is the right size?

Close to

»» x32 Starter, Home, Profesional and Ultimate (on the DVD 2,3 GB, after installation on the hard disk 6GB +)
»» x64 Home, Profesional and Ultimate (on the DVD 3 GB, after installation on the hard disk 8GB +)

Depends on te way your utility works - it may or may not write to a pen drive. You'd be best off burning recovery disks but if that is a problem then see if it will create recovery on a pen drive and then (if it does) test it by trying to boot from it. I think you will need to burn it to disk tho.

You'll probably be ok with 4gb but might find you need 8 - try a 4, certainly no less.

Back