Windows 7 Failure when trying to write .wav files?

synikk

hi. i did a recent reformat/reinstall of windows 7 x64 and i have a weird problem...

i use alot of audio editing and recording software, (like fl, audacity, audition, etc) and i managed to set all the sound up fine but when try to save something to an uncompressed .wav it just jumps instantly to 100% and does not write the wave. the file it makes is a 0:00 wave and empty. ironically, it works for saving mp3/ogg or any compressed format.

what could the issue be? i have an old soundcard (audigy 2 se i believe, maybe le), and i realize its not very supported any longer... but i did have it working on my last install fine. it was able to write .wav's at least. is there a .dll i could be missing somewhere? why wouldn't i be able to write waves? thanks for reading

Is it just a particular program which fails to write wavs or is it more than one, all of which fail to write wavs? If just one program I'd try uninstalling it and reinstalling running the install by right clicking on it and running as administrator.

Back