Windows 10 Far Cry 5 - loading benchmark screen - desktop crash-driver 411

sew333

Hi. Have an question. Have Gtx 2080 Ti Windforce OC, all factory settings. Today after maybe my 15th time ( run ) during loading screen benchmark crashed to desktop without any warning. But i checked event logs and said:

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully ...

411.70 driver version is.

It not exited during benchmark run but on loading screen. This makes me worry because it was display driver crash. Its my card unstable? Tried to reproduce but no luck.

Also card passes all 3dmarks stress tests and other games no problems.

My previous card was Aorus 1080 ti and this never happened even on loading screen.

PC
8700K 4.7
16GB DDR4 GSKILL
Corsair 750rmi
Asus Z370 ProGaming

Another thing with the 2080ti are the 8 pin pcie powers on one cable or split between 2. The split between is recommended for smooth power delivery.

It not exited during benchmark run but on loading screen. This makes me worry because it was display driver crash. Its my card unstable? Tried to reproduce but no luck.

Also card passes all 3dmarks stress tests and other games no problems.
I tried to reproduce issue by loading benchmark and it not exited to desktop during loading screen i try many times but nothing.
I play Far Cry 5 few hours, Assassin Origins, 3dmark stress tests,Watch Dogs 2 and no issues.

Also don't forget that this is cutting edge hardware which may or may not have teething problems.
I'd use the DDU and keep to the very latest driver updates as these cards will be getting many tweaks for the next few months

(I thought about buying a Windforce but waiting on my pre-ordered EVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra, man I hope it comes soon)

Back