Windows 7 FF 4 Sucks so far

Super Sarge

The back button does not work, I have set my machine to go to multiple home pages, but it does not I always have to hit the home button, when going to another page the current page does not show in address bar. Is there a way I can go back to the latest 3.xxx version?

I know it's a RC but released too early from what I've seen - not what we've come to expect from FF. And unless I missed something the invite to try it didn't even offer an option of a clean install to run alongside 3 - it just ran an update and overwrote 3. A RC shouldn't do that - another reason to be thankful for Acronis given all the add ons and configs I've got on FF3. I've uninstalled and recovered 3. I'll have another look in a few weeks time.

Last edited:
The problem is it is not an RC it is now in the update section under help in FF and asks if you want to install it.

The problem is it is not an RC it is now in the update section under help in FF and asks if you want to install it.
That's why it just installed I guess but FF is gonna be a while recovering from the bad press I'm sure it's gonna generate.

So far so good, no issues and the back button works fine. Earlier versions are here:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Link Removed due to 404 Error

OK I am going to try it again,

Just tried it again same same problems, back button does not work, Current page site does not show up in address bar unless you play with it. It does not remember the setting I set up for viewing when I restart FF I have multiple home pages, I have FF set up to open all these pages, it does not do this until I click on the home Icon, so untill ff sends out a few updates to 4 I will continue with the latest and greatest 3.6.15 and any updates to to the 3.xxx series

Last edited:
All the buttons including Back/Forward work perfectly fine in my FF4. The only inconvenience is that a couple of add-ons don't work anymore.

You might wanna try if you haven't:

- a different theme
- reinstalling with the deletion of FF folder in programs data [hidden folder]

(Uninstalling Firefox - MozillaZine Knowledge Base)

Good luck.

footer-logo-med.png

I had to completly wipe out 3>xxx and start over now everything works, Installing 4.0 over 3.xxx did not work for me. Now everything works as it should

Back