Windows 7 File Access denied, windows security?

kcajlliw

Hi,

I have written a Database management program, and it runs as an .exe. It has been working fine, but i have just added a backup option so you can can create a backup copy of the database. It has suddenly come to my attention that none of the program is now working. - I have done some debugging and basically the program is saying that access to the files is denied. The backup has no direct link with the file so that is not the problem, so I am assuming that the folder settings have been messed up, or windows security essentials has blocked something. (Self coping exe probably looks like a virus to it). Does anyone have any ideas on what i can do stop windows security interfering, or reset the folder restrictions?

Cheers, Jack.

or windows security essentials has blocked something. (Self coping exe probably looks like a virus to it).
With respect to Microsoft Security Essentials you can use the "Settings" tab to turn off "Real Time Protection" as well as exclude processes, files, file types and folders. That might help narrow down the issue.

Back