Hi I have an ASUS Rogg750js I was online gaming when my machine lit up like a full fire work display.
I hit the power off waited then I rebooted but the drives have lost their boot no drives are seen. The boot bcd file is lost. How can I reinstall it.
Any help will be greqtfully welcomed.
You will need a Windows 10 USB, create one using the windows 10 media creation tool. Download Windows 10
1. boot from the usb once its created.
2. it will prompt you to select language, country and keyboard, press next.
3. Select repair your computer at the bottom left.
4. click on troubleshoot -> advanced options -> command prompt
5. type Bootrec /fixmbr and press the enter key.
6. type Bootrec /fixboot and press the enter key.
7. type Bootrec /scanos and press the enter key.
8. type Bootrec /rebuildbcd and press the enter key.
9. type "A" to add the installation to the boot list and hit enter.
10. exit the command prompt and press continue (do not reboot just yet)
A Windows 8.1 bootable install disc or usb will have the same commands available. If the partitions are intact bootrec /rebuildbcd should be the only command you need to run although running the other suggested won't hurt anything.
hi I am pulling my hair out. I can't load windows because no drives are recognised.
I have tried bootrec rebuildbcd. it does not work I have tried win wdk no joy.
I have tried driver pack solutions. any ideas please anyone.
Hi no the drives are perfect I tried both in my wifes laptop. I have however got the Os on now I used drive pack 16.18 solution .
It loaded sata driver seemed to have done the trick. Both drives plus cd rom can be seen. However I don't think it is a true fix.
I will have to get it to a techie. I do thank all who helped I did try the advice Thank you.