Windows 8 File History Restoring Multiple Copies

jameslecomte

I just purchased a new PC and have a problem with File History restoring multiple copies of files. I am using the same external hard drive I used with my old computer. I copied the files I needed from File History back to the hard drive of my new computer. I then turned file history on to have a backup with my new computer. I turned File History on and let it run overnight. In the morning I went to check on its progress and I had 3 copies (Copy, Copy(2), and Copy(3)) of my desktop files on the desktop. When I tried to delete them I got an error message that they could not be moved into the recycle bin because the disk was full. When I went to bed I was using about 200GB on my 1TB internal drive. When I checked it in the morning I had 0Bytes free. I never told File History to restore any files, but it had restored multiple copies of my old computer files and filled the hard disk to capacity. Once I realized what the problem was I turned File History off and deleted the copies. I turned File History back on. After a short time it started restoring multiple copies of my files again. I currently have File History turned off and I am using Memeo for my backups. I would prefer to use File History since it creates Restore Points along with backing up files. Any ideas on how to fix File History will be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom