Windows 7 Flash CS3/CS4 not working.

minger

I've tried compatability modes and whatnot, and I know the files that I'm opening are not corrupt because they wrok fine on all of my other systems. Anyways, for most of my .fla files that I try to open (I think all of them have images/movieclips in their library) it says that the docfile has been corrupted and it will not open.

Hopefully I won't have to go back to Vista/XP for this, I'm loving 7.

I am having the same exact problem. I have tried all the compatibility options as well.

Last edited:
Not sure if it's related, but I can't actually import any videos onto the stage, I get an error saying I need to install quicktime 7 and direct show - I've got both installed, so not quite sure what is broken, but something sure doesn't work properly :) Pretty annoying as I need to encode a vid for a client .. meh

I don't think it's the same issue. Have you tried opening a previously created FLA file?

Did you try using the Media Encoder before you imported them into Flash? I was able to embed a video via an flv file.

Last edited:
Flash CS3 Very slow on Windows 7

Hello guys.. im having some problems here too. I have Flash CS3 in my machine with Windows 7 and everything is slow on Flash.. I've tested a lot of compatibilities modes but that didnt work..

Hello guys.. im having some problems here too. I have Flash CS3 in my machine with Windows 7 and everything is slow on Flash.. I've tested a lot of compatibilities modes but that didnt work..
'

I'm dealing with the EXACT same problem...I've also tried lots of compatibility modes and it is still running like a snail. To me, this makes no sense considering that before I installed Windows 7 (and was using XP) it ran beautifully. I can't find much info on this, besides a few similar threads on other forums. This is really puzzling me, and I'm hoping I won't have to re-install XP or dual-boot it just to use Flash. :( :confused:

Hi I had the same problem and have come up with a little work around for this, I have uploaded the topic on my blog so please have a look if you still require a solution.
Link Removed - Invalid URL

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom