Windows 7 Flight Simulator X graphics shader support error

tomleeman

Hi,

I'm new to this so please bear with me.

I've been sucessfully playing flight sim x on windows 7 for a few days now. Since I was so anxious to start playing the missions, I didn't installed the service packs yet either, but it seems to work fine, with the exception of random crashes. When I noticed the service packs, I saw they said something about not installing them if I have the acceleration expansion pack. I bought the gold edition, so I decided to install the expansion then. The installation seemed to work successful, but now when I try open the program I immediately get the following error message:

"This graphics card does not meet minimum requirements for shader support. This product requires a geForce3/Radeon8500 class or better graphics card. Flight Simulator will now exit."

My computer is only a couple months old and I think there must be a way around this without buying a new graphics card since it was working fine before I tried installing the expansion pack. Can anybody help me get around this issue?

Attachments

• graphics card error.png
    graphics card error.png
    259.3 KB · Views: 3,526
I haven't found a solution yet. For the time being I have uninstalled the acceleration expansion pack, and have just been playing the original. If you find a solution please let me know, because I'm still waiting on help..... pllllease somebody???

i still get freezes in fsx with or without sp1 if i load accelaration or sp2 i get and error.

im beginning to think its my vid card, but that does not make any since.

is there a way to see if your card is functioning correctly , i think it is fine .

i went and got my friends w7 and i loaded it instead of mine and the same thing happen.

all i did was install the gtx 285 and run the drivers , and i think its working , device manager says it working correctly.

i do however have a question when i was running xp pro 64 the best i got was 19 20 fps, with all of the add ons like level d fps went down to 9 10 fps and that xp pro 64.

so that tells me perhaps that the card was not working properly in xp pro.

but in w7 64 i would get up to 50 fps before it froze.

so io dont know where to go.

thanks......Robert

Back