Windows 7 Folders don't display properly on HD?

Chamenas

I have all of my folders on my D drive set to be network accessible by everyone on the network, mostly so I can share them with my laptop. It's not very secure, but that's not the problem I'm having here. I recently changed some of the organization of the folders on the drive, which included changing folder names. As a result, I had to reshare them. All of that worked out fine and I've been able to access them. However, if I go to my D drive through "My Computer" I see all the old folder names with the old folder contents. I have to go to "My Network Places" and click on my PC's Location (while on my PC) in order to access the new folders.

Any thoughts?

Well, how did you access the folders to change them. Could have you just changed the Shared names and not the actual names?

Are they different folders with different contents?

This problem is different than I presented it as, because I didn't look at it thoroughly. It appears that some of the folders I thought I deleted hadn't been deleted, but didn't show up in the shared network path, and that's why I thought they were gone. Sorry about the confusion!

It sounds like you are OK now, but if not you might restate the problem.

Back
Top Bottom