Windows 7 Windows 7 not startingn properly on Acer emachine E630

kitty30

Hi all,

My friend has the above laptop which has Windows 7 pre-installed... When it is turned on it comes up with Windows Error Recovery:(. I have tried both options displayed.
'launch start up repair' - after displaying a black screen it loads the blue wallpaper screen you see when putting in a password to access the computer. It also displays the mouse cursor which I can move but nothing else. It then will not proceed any further.
'start windows normally' - loads the starting windows screen and then restarts as if I have just turned it on and displays the above options again.
I have tried starting it in safe mode (and other modes listed in F8 and it does exactly the same thing (restarts over again putting up the above options).

As my friend has only had the computer for approx 6 months I am happy to delete everything and reinstall windows 7 b ut need the recovery disc to do so.

I am unsure as to what else to do...please send any ideas or let me know where I can get the Windows 7 recovery disc for the acer emachines E630 as I have had troubles finding the right one.

Kind regards
kitty30

Being that the computer is only 6 months old, you have 2 options call Acer and ask for tach support (it should be still under warranty) or there is an image partitioned on the disc and you can use that to reinstall windows. Remember to back up all data before restore.

I would suggest you call Acer before doing anything else as the computer must still have warranty, they will request that your friend ships them the laptop and they will repair it.

Being that the computer is only 6 months old, you have 2 options call Acer and ask for tach support (it should be still under warranty) or there is an image partitioned on the disc and you can use that to reinstall windows. Remember to back up all data before restore.

thanks for the advice...do you know where I can get the back up disc from?
I actually have Windows 7 on my Toshiba- would I be able to do a back up disc and use this on it? Just a thought...grasping at straws really:-s

The backup disc is on a partition on the hard drive and the answer to question 2 is no. Call the company anf make your life mush easier.

Back
Top Bottom