force switch amd video card

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Graphics' started by quas, Sep 17, 2013.

1. quas

quas Senior Member

Hello,
    I have a quite problematic hp pavilion g6-2305sq laptop and I am trying to force it to use the dedicated amd video card. The problem is that in CCC there's no such option. There's only the "Switchable Graphics Global Settings" and I can choose what to prioritise on battery and when plugged in. On battery I've chosen 'maximize performance'. Of course, I can also choose the video performance according to the application I'm using, but that doesn't force anything.

I've tried switching in BIOS, but I don't have that option. The BIOS lacks options, I think. There are only a few. Maybe there's a secret menu that I could activate.

On a different laptop (Lenovo) I can actually choose what video card to use and I just press the respective button. Here everything seems to be made automatically.

I am using Windows 7 Pro. Is there any solution? Maybe installing a particular CCC that has the option of choosing what video card to use manually?

I know I am not using the dedicated video card because I've installed a game that says I'm using intel HD.

2. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522 Essential Member

I'm wondering is there a setting the game itself to choose video device....just guessing.

3. quas

quas Senior Member

Yes, you can choose from it, but it only identifies the current video card as Intel HD. I'm talking about Motogp 2013.
    On another laptop (Lenovo E420) I have a different CCC version and I can manually switch between the two, so there aren't any ambiguities about that.

#3 quas, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  4. quas

quas Senior Member

Thank you all for you replies. Just like the previous years, you've been so helpful. I know now I'll be profiting from this forum in the near and far future for any windows problem that I have! Great!