Windows 10 forced readonly on root folders

Bear

Idk wth is going on but its getting extremely annoying...
I have a folder "neard" in c:\ so its c:\neard\ and its a lamp stack.
every time I try to delete a folder/file in c:\neard\www it get a administrator required and then it still fails.
I've tried setting the permissions and they all show full control, I've tried unchecking "read only" for all folders/files/sub-folders and it still fails.
I go into safemode and its no problem. I THINK i have uac turned off and still same problem. I don't have this issue on other folders only in those at root level.. what in the heck!!!!
I'm on x64 pro if that makes a difference.

Possibly one for Neemobeer or Joe, hopefully they will see your thread and reply.

If you get the 'try again' most likely you have an open handle to the directory itself or something within it.

• Download Process Explorer
  • Click Find
  • Find Handle...
  • Type in part or the directory name and should see a something with a handle
  • You can either forcefully kill the handle from this window or stop the process with the open handle
Example I have a command window CD'd to C:\test
open_handle.png

hmmm, so why is java even looking @ it? ....
OH....... I've got a program called dirsync that realtime mirrors that folder to my thumbdrive ( only one I found that doesn't try to create a subfolder )
would it be locking it?
If so, you got a better suggestion? I've got macrium but I think it doesn't do live syncing.

Looks like dirsync uses java so it's probably caching it, just turn off dirsync temporarily and remove the directory

Back