Forced Upgrades

Discussion in 'Windows 10 Help and Support' started by Joe S, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Joe S

Joe S Excellent Member

It appears that MS is getting more agressive about forcing Windows 10 on people. I just saw this Microsoft no longer lets you opt-out of a Windows 10 upgrade If you don't want Windows 10 there should be a way to opt out permanently and not have to constantly look for new update that tries to sneak Windows 10 in.
    Joe

2. davehc

davehc Microsoft MVP
    Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

LOL. Rounding up some of the remaining pirates!!

3. Joe S

Joe S Excellent Member

I noticed on a couple Windows 7 computers in the house where I had 3 updates hidden to prevent updating suddenly were no longer hidden! I had to uninstall then and hide them again.
    Joe

4. Joe S

Joe S Excellent Member

What's going to happen to small businesses with the sneaky Windows 10 upgrades? I was at the car dealer today and they have some computers for customers to use Windows 7 and they all showed the Windows 10 upgrade Icon. I mentioned it to one person and he told me that they hadn't upgraded to windows 8.1 because of software issues. Walking around I notided some to their work stations also had the upgrade icon. This is a large dealership with several locations. I'm sure business will be pleased when they get the screen to upgrade that you can't opt out of.
    Joe