Windows 7 Four different blue screens in about one hour...

Komposten

First of all, hello to this forum!

So, when using my computer today it suddenly crashed with a DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL blue screen caused by some usb driver. When I was looking into this crash my computer crashed once again, this time with an IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL message. A few minutes later it crashed again, showing PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. And after that I got a similar crash caused by another driver.

I have managed to find causes for and solve BSoDs before, through googling, but this time I feel it's just too much...

I checked Window's reliability diagram and it says that I haven't installed anything since May 31st, when I installed some Windows updates and an update to Skype, nor have I replaced any hardware recently. I hope you can make some sense out of the dump files so that we can solve this problem (hopefully without having to replace too many parts of my PC, ;)).

===================

Other info:
- I'm using ESET Smart Security 7 as both anti-virus and firewall.

Attachments

• W7F_02-06-2014.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 364
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck D1, {fffffa803406ee10, 2, 0, fffff8800486ef0c}

Probably caused by : usbuhci.sys ( usbuhci!UhciProcessDoneAsyncTd+24 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
Something, either a process or driver caused the above USB windows driver to crash. Most of your drivers are in need of updating but checking through your driver stack I came across these:
nusb3xhc.sys Fri Nov 19 01:34:25 2010: NEC Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver ( BSOD issues with 2010 and earlier versions)
Your motherboard uses a NEC PD720200 USB3 controller. You can find drivers here:
http://www.station-drivers.com/inde...SB3-Controller-Drivers-Version-2.1.39.0-WHQL/

Try updating the above and see how you go. If you get further sod's please post the new dump files

Hi,
Something, either a process or driver caused the above USB windows driver to crash. Most of your drivers are in need of updating but checking through your driver stack I came across these:
nusb3xhc.sys Fri Nov 19 01:34:25 2010: NEC Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver ( BSOD issues with 2010 and earlier versions)
Your motherboard uses a NEC PD720200 USB3 controller. You can find drivers here:
http://www.station-drivers.com/inde...SB3-Controller-Drivers-Version-2.1.39.0-WHQL/

Try updating the above and see how you go. If you get further sod's please post the new dump files
Will definitely give it a try!
I think the reason behind most drivers being out-dated is that Gigabyte doesn't seem to be updating their library of drivers (e.g. they only have the 2010 version of that USB3 driver for my motherboard).

Is the same driver the cause for all four of the BSoDs, or only the first one?

Let's just say the the most obvious culprit for the blue screens is the above driver. It could be that a different driver or process is causing the issue but the rest of the dumps just blamed win32k.sys and ntkrnlmp.exe which is pretty generic stuff. (Basically meaning that something within windows either a driver or process caused it to crash)
As mentioned above change the drivers and see how you go. If the bsod does occur again then please post the dump file and we'll go into your driver stack in greater detail. As I said most of your drivers are out of date but not crazily so otherwise I'd have flagged them up. Gigabyte will supply some drivers but as you've noticed they don't always keep them up to date especially if the motherboard is no longer new.. Most drivers are fortunately only a google search away although don't be tempted by driver update utilities unless it's propriety one like Intels.

Let's just say the the most obvious culprit for the blue screens is the above driver. It could be that a different driver or process is causing the issue but the rest of the dumps just blamed win32k.sys and ntkrnlmp.exe which is pretty generic stuff. (Basically meaning that something within windows either a driver or process caused it to crash)
As mentioned above change the drivers and see how you go. If the bsod does occur again then please post the dump file and we'll go into your driver stack in greater detail. As I said most of your drivers are out of date but not crazily so otherwise I'd have flagged them up. Gigabyte will supply some drivers but as you've noticed they don't always keep them up to date especially if the motherboard is no longer new.. Most drivers are fortunately only a google search away although don't be tempted by driver update utilities unless it's propriety one like Intels.
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, but my PSU died so I couldn't check whether the BSoD was gone or not...
Anyway, the problem seems to be solved, so thank you for your quick answer and simple solution!

Back