Free ISO Software Recommendations

Axel PC

Honorable Member
Hello all!

Can ya'll give me some recommendations and experiences on free ISO ripping software? I have a ton of music CDs, PC game & software CDs/DVDs, some sonogram DVDs, misc CDs that have children made school projects on them. I want to rip all of these to my computer to archive them. But if I ever need access to them or want to burn them to CD/DVD I want to make sure they are ripped to the best format to do that. I don't care about space, this isn't the Windows XP days when HD space was a premium. So any suggestions and tips ya'll could give me would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Oh wow I remember MagicISO from way back in the day, lol! But looks like their last build update was back in 2010. I don't want to buy any software because this is going to be a one time project. It'll probably take me a while to do it but then that's it.

I don't have any computers with optical drives anymore.
Yeah I rarely use my optical drive. Except for this current project of mine. I used it a while back to see a computer project one of my kids made at school. And over the summer I used it for the Windows Media Creation tool. And to burn some drivers for my Grandma's computer and mailed it to her, lol. So yeah it's not the chief medium for digital media/content any more. But it's still useful. I don't see it going the way of the floppy disk, just yet.

Back
Top Bottom