Windows 7 Freeware Tweaking Tools

Freeware Tweaking Tools:

EnhanceMySe7en. Tweak Windows 7 with EnhanceMySe7en - SeriousBit Tweaker For Winodws 7 Home Page

Windows 7 is fast and it is quite satisfying in the role of replacing Windows XP and Vista, but you can make it much faster and responsible with EnhanceMySe7en. EnhanceMySe7en helps users to control many aspects of the system with maximum convenience. You will get everything needed for maintaining Windows 7 in a perfect condition. The program offers tools that take care of the registry, disk space and its defragmentation, installed software, HDD temperature and all sorts of things related to system's health. Also there are lots of other options helping to boost your system's performance.

With a clean and simple interface it brings you an All-in-One set of powerful and neatly classified tools, settings and tweaks.

screen71.png

Link Removed due to 404 Error

TweakNow PowerPack is a fully-integrated suite of utilities that let you fine-tune every aspect of your computer's operating system and Web browser. The Registry Cleaner module provides you with a safe and simple way to clean Windows Registry. To keep your computer always at top performance, we recommend to clean your registry at least once a month. For Windows tweaking lovers, the suite provides more than 100 hidden Windows settings in the Windows Secret section. Using modules included in this section, you can easily customize your Windows like geeks do. The Virtual Desktop module lets you run as many as four custom-designed desktop configurations simultaneously, allowing you to tailor your computer screen to your mood and your work requirements. Last but not least, the suite also gives you a complete picture of all aspects of your computer's hardware, including detailed information about your motherboard, processor, video card, memory, hard disk and network.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Ultimate Windows Tweaker is a freeware Tweak UI Utility for tweaking and optimizing Windows Vista and 7, 32-bit & 64-bit. It can simply be downloaded and used as a portable application to customize your Windows Vista to meet your requirements. With judicious tweaking, It can make your system faster, more stable, and more secure with just a few mouse clicks. The tweaker detects whether you have IE 7 or IE 8 installed and accordingly offers you the relevant tweaks only.

XdN Tweaker

In short, it is a free tweaking program for Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, and Windows 7.

Because maintaining a Windows system means more than just deleting files and folders. I selected this system-tweaking tool as it supports both XP and Vista systems in a single package. It does require the host machine have .NET installed. Other than that it provides a wealth of system adjustments and fine-tuning options Definitely needed in the professional system maintainer’s toolbox of applications.

Designed to help optimize your PC for smoother, more responsive game play in the latest PC games with the touch of a button, Game Booster helps achieve the performance edge previously only available to highly technical enthusiasts.

It works by defragmenting game directories, temporarily shutting down background processes, cleaning RAM, and intensifying processor performance. That means you can keep all the features of operating systems ready for when you need them, but turn them off when you are ready to get down to serious business – gaming.

I tried the EnhanceMySe7en. Pretty cool stuff but only free to try for 15 days then you must pay and register to keep using it.
Not meaning any disrespect but that doesn't spell free to me...it says bait and hook.

Freeware SSD Tweaking Tool

The SSD Tweak Utility can help with some of those wretched tweaks you need to do to minimise writes to your SSD. Link Removed - Invalid URL (106kb)

SSDTweak.JPG

It doesn't do all of the necessary tweaks but it will at least get you started. The only downside is the rather confusing interface which make it hard to decide whether to check or uncheck boxes. Best just hit Auto Tweak Settings and get on to other things. A few extra tweaks are unlocked if you donate $10 to the author.

I tried the EnhanceMySe7en. Pretty cool stuff but only free to try for 15 days then you must pay and register to keep using it.
Not meaning any disrespect but that doesn't spell free to me...it says bait and hook.

You can download the freeware version:

Freeware Utility Tweaks for AMD rigs

Game Booster1 worked well enough and there is now Link Removed - Invalid URL which promises to be even better. Just a quick word of caution though, this is still flagged as a Beta release and when I clicked 'Game Drivers' and went to the page recommended to update my Realtek High Definition Sound Drivers I was left without any sound - I think GameBooster 2 (beta) pointed me to the wrong drivers!

For those with AMD rigs the combination of AMD Fusion and AMD OverDrive could take game play tweaking to another level. Please note that AMD Fusion requires an AMD CPU and AMD OverDrive only works with an AMD CPU and an AMD Chipset motherboard.

Last edited:
WinBubble Freeware Tweaking Utility

WinBubble is freeware utility offering a comprehensive range of tweaks that are well explained and easy to apply. You can download the latest version directly from the WinBubbles download page.

It takes a while to load but once running it's easy to use and you can learn more about the tweaks on on this site The interface is well thought out and, unlike some other freeware tweakers, it is easy to see what tweaks you have already applied. The Tweaking Toolbox is a unique feature where you can add your own links to other tools and utilities.

WinBubble.jpg

As far as I could tell all the tweaks were properly implemented and the only hiccup was that WinBubble decided to restore the shortcut arrows that I had previously disabled with FxVisor. No real problem and one that I've encountered with other tweaking utilities. All in all WinBubble is a neat little utility that does its' job well and without a fuss.

Last edited:
Re: WinBubble Freeware Tweaking Utility

Yeap, Cool Tweaker For 7 and Vista:

WinBubble Home Page

Review
(by LostInTechnology Technology Tips, Tricks and How Tos)

Do you like to change up your Windows’ settings to get it exactly the way you like it? If you do, I’m sure you’re familiar with digging through menus to find the exact settings you want to change. It’d be much faster if all of the things you wanted to change were in one place.

WinBubble is a small and free application that gives us an easy way to change and tweak all of our Windows 7 settings in one place. I’m going to quickly take you through all of the settings that WinBubble can change.

General

You can brand your system ownership information and put any image in the logo. Windows OEM info and Owner info can be directly launched. Again, by checking or unchecking t he boxes, you can add features like move to, copy to, take ownership, create restore point, restrict access to and more in your context menu.

Even your desktop can be customized to remove shortcut arrows, slow-down animations, hide empty drives, show username folder and much more.

Specific

You can tweak bubble, ribbon and mystify settings in place of default Windows screen saver settings. You can also tweak all the toolbox settings in this tab.
Icons

Icons can be changed from the conventional Windows icons to some high resolution icons of your choice. This does not involve changing any system dll files and can easily be restored back if necessary.

Windows 7

The logon screen can be replaced with any kind of wallpaper from your hard disk, and the text can be optimized with shadow icons. WinBubble provides us with a special option. It can integrate with the logon screen with the ease of access button. Once this option is set, pressing the ease of access button on the welcome screen will accessWinBubble before logging into Windows.

Many utilities under online tools, useful tools, maintenance, advanced tools, network and other tools, DOS utilities, etc. are available in this tab.

Security

To increase the security of the desktop, we can disable many options like new option in context menu, folder option in Windows menu, auto play of media devices, detection of usb media devices, writing to usb media devices, task manager, access to control panel, etc. UAC options can be directly accessed and security levels can be changed, even password option can be enabled. There is also an option called hide it. It hides completely all drives or some selected drives. It also hides shutdown, sleep, hibernate and restart buttons.

Features like disable new tab, disable open, disable view source, disable download, disable save as etc. are very handy. For people with low system specifications, you can also get options to disable Windows aero features or other Windows’ components. Changing the start menu options is also possible like searching file index, searching favorites and web pages and searching communication files.

Speed Up is another option that enable/disable multiple monitor configurations, set menu display delay, decrease shut down time for services, increase bandwidth for internet and network connections, disable failed caching etc. You can also control startup programs from here.

Tools

In this, any Right-Click Menu entries can be added to Computer icon, Internet Explorer, Explorer/Desktop, All Files in Windows Explorer, Disk, Network and Start Button/Folders easily. You can put in items and tools in my computer section or panel as per convenience. There is something called the My Tweaker Tools that makes it easy for you to add your personalized tweaker to Windows.

More Policies

Additional tweaks are added to the taskbar and start menu like clear recent document history on exit, remove access to right click on taskbar, lock taskbar etc. Options like hiding and disabling all items on desktop,disabling drag and drop, and restricting desktop toolbar adjustment are also found here.

There are few quick settings that can be used like disabling notifications, disabling flip 3d, disable taskbar thumbnail, encrypt decrypt right click menu etc. Denying read and write access to all removable storage like CD/DVD drive, usb drive and floppy drive is done. We can also restrict Microsoft management console like computer management, device management, disk management, shared folders and advance firewall settings.
System options can change Ctrl+Alt+Deloptions. This includes removing change password, lock computer, and task manager and logoff options. We can also restrict access to Windows registry editor.

IE

You can have total control over IE by managing all settings for its homepage, download directory, enabling/disabling deletion of temporary files and browsing history, disable changing homepage of browser etc.

Conclusion

WinBubble is a great application that lets you customize just about everything on your Windows 7 computer, and it’s also very easy to use.

Download WinBubble

Last edited:

FREE WARE TWEAKING TOOLS is not free after 15 days you have to pay. I will not do this because when it says it is free then it is not I consider this bait and switch. It looks like a great program and should be able to stand on its own with out saying it is free when it is truly not free. I can get same info from SIW Link Removed - Invalid URL and most of the same tweaks from Link Removed - Invalid URL which are truly free programs

It was my bad I did not read page properly and downloaded the pro version which has a 15 day limitation. Like most computer problems or errors it cause was between the operators ears

Freeware Tweaking Utilities - Sunrise Seven

I'd hate to see this thread die with only 6,430 views so I'd like to re-vitalise it with yet another FREEWARE tweaking utility in the form of Sunrise Seven. It may not do a lot more than any of the others mentioned above but it does work very well and does all all it claims to do without any problems.

Sunrise Seven Screen.jpg

Getting hold of it is a bit of fun as the main Sunrise Seven download site seems to be in Polish. Don't worry about that because the site is virus free and it only takes a little playing around to download the Sunrise_Seven program (2.607 MB).

Last edited:
Back